The story of sports in Tennessee isn’t complete without arguably the most iconic woman in the history of the state. For that reason, the TN sports betting app landscape wouldn’t be complete without a Pat Summit Sportsbook.
Tennessee state laws impose no limit on how many licenses for sports betting apps the Tennessee Lottery can grant. Because of that, operators can get creative with their names and name recognition will be important to compete.
Why a Pat Summit Sportsbook would be a hit in Tennessee
Simply put, Pat Summit was a legend of legends. That goes for all fans of basketball, but even more so for those in the Volunteer State.
Among her many accomplishments as the head coach of the University of Tennessee women’s basketball program are:
- Career NCAA basketball leader in wins (both men’s and women’s) when she retired
- Eight national titles and a career .840 winning percentage
- Coached the 1984 US Women’s National Basketball Team to Olympic gold in 1984
- First female to receive the John Bunn and Legends of Coaching awards
- Named the Naismith Coach of the Century in 2000
While several of her players, such as Candace Parker, have gone on to achieve notoriety, they all owe part of their legacies to Summit. On top of her accomplishments as a coach, Summit also won Olympic gold as a player in 1976.
There would be no better way to honor her memory than to immortalize her than keep her name alive in this form. To further honor her memory, the sportsbook’s focus could be women’s sports.
Possible promos at ‘The Summit’ of women’s sports betting
The women’s sports world is much more robust in 2020 than when Summit’s career hit its apex. Examples of this include the FIFA Women’s World Cup, the WNBA, the NWSL, the NWHL and, of course, women’s college basketball.
While the offerings on the book wouldn’t have to be limited to just women’s sports, it could focus on several promotional campaigns on those events. Those might include:
- 840 Odds Boost: When you register, make a qualifying deposit and place your first soccer bet on one of the select group of women’s matches, the sportsbook will boost the odds on your wager to +840 in honor of Summit’s career winning percentage.
- Women’s March Madness Tourney Insurance: Place a moneyline bet on any women’s college basketball NCAA D1 tournament game, and the sportsbook will refund your wager if you lose your bet.
- Cuttin’ Down The Bets: In honor of Summit’s eight national titles, successfully place eight in-game bets during one WNBA game and earn a free bonus bet.
- Ice in Her Veins: Place a bet on the spread of a women’s college ice hockey or NWHL contest, and if a goal within the last two minutes of regulation or overtime turns your bet into a win, enjoy a special bonus.
- Summit’s Legacy: Enjoy a special odds boost whenever you bet on a women’s college basketball or WNBA game that features at least one current or former Volunteer player.
There isn’t any better way to honor Summit’s memory than keeping her name in front of the eyes of hundreds, if not thousands of sports fans. Naming a sportsbook after her would go a long way toward that end.