DraftKings Sportsbook Promo Code & App Review
DraftKings Promo - Bet $5, Win $150 in Free Bets Bet $5 on any Sport pre-game moneyline and win $150 if your team wins. Plus, get a $50 free bet and a 20% bonus up to $1,000 on your first deposit - To claim Click This Link
DraftKings is now live in Tennessee. The DraftKings Sportsbook is the continuation of a legacy that started in 2012. The result of legal sports betting sweeping the US, DraftKings made sure to be one of the first to launch in the state.
This DraftKings sportsbook review should tell you everything you need to know about this TN sports betting app. As well as taking a look at the betting options and software, our DK Tennessee review will outline the added extras you can get and include the DraftKings online sportsbook promo code.
When you download the DraftKings app here, you’ll be able to unlock the welcome bonus, which gives you $50 free plus up to $1,000 worth of bonuses. The free $50 is an exclusive offer for PlayTenn, and not available anywhere else. This will lay the groundwork for an ongoing roster of promotions. This, combined with the excellent service DraftKings is renowned for, means there’s a lot to look forward to.
DraftKings Sportsbook Tennessee welcome bonus
PlayTenn has teamed up with DraftKings Sportsbook to offer new players a free $50 free bet bonus. This is exclusive to our site and not available anywhere else. You do not need a DraftKings Sportsbook promo code either. Just use this link, download the app and the bonus will be available in your account.
When you make your first deposit, you’ll also qualify for 20% up to $1,000 deposit match bonus. This gives you a solid opportunity to get your bankroll off to a great start.
DraftKings Sportsbook promo code 2022
|Online Sportsbook||DraftKings Sportsbook Tennessee|
|DraftKings Promo Code||Click to claim promo|
|Free Bet Bonus||$50 with minimum deposit (Best Offer)|
|Deposit Bonus||20% up to $1,000|
|Last Updated||December 2022|
DraftKings Sportsbook bonus offers explained
Before we dive into the minutiae of this offer, let’s take a step back. In the online sports betting world, operators usually fall into one of two camps: the free bet crew or the deposit bonus posse. Both are great camps to be in. The guys and gals at DraftKings Sportsbook know this, which is why they’ve joined both.
That, in our opinion, is a bold but smart move. Now, it’s not without its consequences. As you’ll notice, the DraftKings Sportsbook first deposit bonus is a 20% match. For example, deposit $500 and receive a $100 bonus. Deposit $2,500 and receive a $500 bonus, and so on. The fact remains that you’ll get something extra when you make your first deposit. Practically, we think the deposit bonus will suit those with larger bankrolls. However, even if you’re a complete sports betting novice, there’s still some value.
Wagering conditions at DraftKings
Diving into the specifics, the DraftKings Sportsbook welcome bonus has a playthrough ratio of 25:1. This means you’ll release $1 of your deposit bonus for every $25 you wager. This is a fair wagering target that shouldn’t pose too much of a problem to players at all levels. You’ll also have 90 days before the bonus expires, and bets on all products count. In other words, any bets you make on DraftKings Sportsbook (odds of -300 or longer), DraftKings Casino and DraftKings DFS are valid.
Overall, the DraftKings Sportsbook welcome bonus is fantastic. Not only does it do what others don’t — i.e., it covers two types of offer — but the value is solid. From a financial perspective, giving away up to $1,000 in bonus credits is an ideal way to satisfy sports bettors of all persuasions. On top of that, the wagering conditions are fair. Although we could argue for a better deposit multiplier and a slightly lower playthrough, this would simply be splitting hairs.
DraftKings Tennessee Sportsbook promotions
As a multifaceted platform, DraftKings gives you the opportunity to unlock added value in a variety of ways. If you’re all about sports, there will be a regular roster of offers. These appear in two main ways. The first is missions. Once you create an account at DraftKings Sports Tennessee, you’ll receive a list of tasks to complete.
Each mission is listed on your “rewards” page and requires you to place bets in a certain way. This feature is a nice way of keeping you engaged and, in turn, making things more interesting. By changing things up and tasking you with something different, DraftKings is keeping the level of engagement high.
Missions can be tailored to suit you and your circumstances. If you’re a casual bettor, there’s scope to make each mission suitable for the stakes you typically play for. Conversely, if you’re a serious football fan, the tasks can be adjusted accordingly. Once you’ve got to grips with missions, you’ll be able to unlock everything from free bets and reload bonuses to cashback offers.
General and specific promotions
In tandem with missions, there are sitewide promotions that are open to everyone. These deals typically come in the form of odds boosts and profit boosts. The former will take a standard betting line and juice up the odds. The latter boosts any profits you make from selected bets. For example, if you were set to receive a $50 payout but applied a 25% profit boost, you’d bank an extra $12.50 for a total return of $62.50.
Both options are great. However, we particularly like the profit boost because it comes in the form of tokens. Therefore, you’ve got some control over when you use them. Odds boosts are applied to anything the DraftKings Sportsbook promo team desires. Whereas you can add profit boosts to wagers you’re confident in. In theory, this gives you a chance to improve your overall win rate, i.e. if you believe you’ve made a winning wager, you can get more value with a profit boost.
Is DraftKings legal in Tennessee?
Yes. DraftKings Sportsbook is legal in Tennessee. In May 2019, Tennessee Gov. Bill Lee returned the Tennessee Sports Gaming Act without his signature. Since he did not veto it, the bill passed into law.
We then fast-forward to November 2020 and DraftKings launched in Tennessee. DraftKings is overseen by the Tennessee Education Lottery Commission.
Betting on both pro and college teams is allowed in the state, although there are a few stipulations when it comes to college wagering. Prop bets on college athletes are prohibited, as well as wagers having to do with NCAA players getting hurt.
DraftKings Sportsbook app
DraftKings Sportsbook is available via desktop and mobile devices. Both platforms contain the same features, so it really is a matter of personal preference as to the one you choose. You can use this link to download the DraftKings TN sports betting app. From there, it’s simply a matter of creating a new account and betting. Desktop users can create their accounts onsite.
Security and software
DraftKings’ biggest rival, FanDuel, is owned by Flutter Entertainment which, in turn, has a deal with EveryMatrix. This trio of companies has created a slick online betting platform that’s not only popular in the US but the world at large. With that being the case, DraftKings hasn’t been able to sit on its hands. Although the inhouse team created an internationally renowned DFS site when it launched in 2012, the foray into sports betting hasn’t been a solitary affair.
With help required, it partnered with SBTech in 2019. The $3.3 billion deal meant DraftKings acquired a powerful partner with extensive experience in developing and managing sports betting software. In tandem with SBTech, DraftKings Sportsbook now has the ability to offer live streaming, visualization features, live cashout options and in-play betting.
DraftKings sports betting app features
As the relationship between the two evolves, the DraftKings Sportsbook app will receive more features. However, at the time of writing this review, the software boasted the following features:
- Pre-event and in-play betting: When you create an account, you’ll be able to scroll through a list of pre-event and in-play odds. Each one is contained in its own tab, which makes searching a breeze. By using tabs instead of individual pages, the developers have reduced loading times. During our DraftKings Sportsbook review, we were able to skip from sport to sport without waiting more than a split second.
- Pop-ups: In tandem with tabs, DraftKings Sportsbook also contains pop-ups. These pop-ups reduce the amount of core information on a page. This means the site is less resource-heavy, which, again, makes it easy to move from option to option. Another benefit to pop-ups is that you can hide certain things at will. For example, if you don’t want your bet slip getting in the way, you can close the pop-up and recall it later. Similarly, if you want to speak to the support team, you can use the help pop-up as required.
- Tutorials and statistics: DraftKings Sportsbook is designed for bettors of all types. If you’re a complete newbie, you can click through a series of tutorials. These guides appear in a selection of pop-ups, which means you can go back to them at will. Once you’ve mastered the basics, you can make use of the stats hub. For virtually every sport or event, you’ll be able to review a wealth of additional data. From basic metrics such as previous results to more advanced stats such as player/team data, this section of the site is perfect for those who want more insights into any sporting event. Something else the stats hub contains is “line moves.” This feature provides an overview of the lines and how they’ve changed over time. The graphs are a simple way to see if the odds have shortened or lengthened. This information is useful if you want to see whether interest is increasing or decreasing.
- Livestreams: The final feature of note is livestreaming. Popular in Europe and now a hit in the US, streams allow you to watch live sports via the DraftKings Sportsbook app. This feature becomes active once you’ve made a bet on the event in question. So, if you see that DraftKings is offering a live stream for a UFC event, you can watch the fight after the bet is confirmed. This is a great added extra and an example of how TN online sports betting is as much about entertainment as making money.
Best features of the DraftKings Sportsbook app?
DraftKings has a great app for Android and Apple products, but what are some of its best features? We’re glad you asked, because we picked out the three of the best features on the DraftKings sports betting app; have a look:
- So many odds/lines: If you’re new to online sportsbooks, you might be overwhelmed at the number of things you can bet on using the DraftKings app. There’s so much more than simple moneyline, against the spread and over/under bets available.
For example, on a Titans-Bills game you can bet on players to score the first or last touchdown, or simply to score at any point during the game. There are over/unders for players’ passing, rushing and receiving yards and touchdowns, alternate point spreads and much more. Simply put, you should be able to find pretty much any bet you’re looking for at DraftKings.
- Freebies/promos: DraftKings has promotions just about every day, from simple odds boosts to more involved offers. The odds boosts are very straightforward — odds are increased on certain games or props to benefit bettors. Other promos you likely will see at DraftKings are free-to-play pools in which you can win real money and special offers allowing you to get your money back if your bet loses. If you’re a DraftKings DFS player, there also are free contests daily with the chance to win cash.
- Stats Hub: One of the parts of the DraftKings app we really love is the stats hub. This is exactly what it sounds like, a location for stats galore on the Apple or Android app. Inside the hub you’ll see notes and statistics for games that are going on soon. There’s a parlay section with prebuilt parlays, and inside of each one you will find notes about why that particular bet makes some sense. Just be careful; it’s easy to let time get away from you in the stats hub as you keep finding more notes and numbers to keep you occupied.
How could DraftKings Sportsbook improve?
While DraftKings has a lot of things to like and love, there’s also a few areas we believe could use some tinkering. Here’s a look at three areas where it could improve.
- Better loyalty program: There is no loyalty program. You are given “missions” from time-to-time, but they’re inconsistent and we’ve had trouble getting them to work 100% of the time. So here’s hoping DraftKings adds a rewards program for its sportsbook in the near future.
- An app that rotates: For those of you who always use your phone or tablet in the vertical position, you can skip to the next item. For everyone else this one’s for you. DraftKings’ app works great on iPhones or iPads and on Android phones and tablets as long as you’re using it in the upright position. If, however, you want to use it in the horizontal position, you’re out of luck, because the app does not rotate. It feels like such a simple fix, and every time our app updates we have our fingers crossed that it’ll change, but so far we’ve struck out.
- Ability to change notification settings: Once you’ve installed the DraftKings Sportsbook app on your phone, you quickly will discover that DraftKings sends a fair amount of notifications on a daily basis. Anything from odds boost announcements, to different specials going on and more. What we’d love to see is the ability to customize the notifications we receive. On the DFS app, for example, we like getting alerts that a contest we entered is getting ready to start, but we haven’t drafted a team yet. But when it comes to DraftKings Sportsbook, you either get all the alerts or none. Let us choose exactly what we want to be alerted about, and we’ll be happy.
Bet types available at DraftKings online sportsbook
As we’ve said already in this DraftKings Sportsbook Tennessee review, the app offers pre-event and live betting. In addition to these options, you’ll be able to bet on single, parlay or accumulator, as well as bet on teasers and round robins. Within these categories, you’ll find a variety of bet types, including:
- Moneyline bets
- Total points (over/under)
- Point spread wagers
- Player/team special
- Futures or long-term bets
- Player totals
- Proposition bets
In addition to the above, DraftKings Sportsbook also offers something known as Flash Bets. These unique offerings are designed to enhance your live betting experience. Using instant-confirmation technology, Flash Bets allow you to make predictions in between points. In games such as basketball, the time between baskets may only be a few seconds.
DraftKings Sportsbook Flash Bet fits into these gaps. The odds literally flash up, and you may have just a few seconds to accept them and confirm the bet. Those with a keen eye and the ability to read the flow of a game will love this feature.
What sports can you bet on at DraftKings Tennessee
The Tennessee app allows you to bet on almost every major sport. You will find plenty of betting lines on a variety of domestic and international events from as little as $0.01. Here is a sample list of what you can bet on at DraftKings:
- Football, including NFL and college football
- Baseball, including MLB, CPBL, and KBO
- Basketball, including NBA and college
- Australian rules football (AFL)
- Golf, including The Masters, US Open and more
- Hockey, including NHL and SHL (Sweden)
- Motorsports, including NASCAR
- Rugby league and rugby union
- Soccer, including English Premier League, Bundesliga, La Liga and Major League Soccer
- Table tennis
Tennessee teams that you can bet on
With online sports betting being legal throughout the state, you’re now able to bet on all of your local professional and college teams using the DraftKings sports betting app. With that in mind, we put together a list of all the Tennessee teams you can bet on at DraftKings; have a look:
- Nashville Predators: After not making the playoffs during their first five seasons in Nashville, the Predators have only missed the Stanley Cup playoffs three times since the 2003-04 season. In 2017, the Preds reached the Stanley Cup Final before falling to the Pittsburgh Penguins in Game 6 to lose the series 4-2. At DraftKings you can bet on all Predators games and all NHL games throughout the season.
- Memphis Grizzlies: The Grizzlies relocated from Vancouver to Memphis prior to the 2001-02 season and have called Tennessee home ever since. The Grizzlies play their home games at the FedExForum, which is also home to the University of Memphis Tigers men’s basketball team. The Grizzlies’ best season came back in 2012-13 when they went 56-26 and reached the Western Conference Finals, where they lost to the San Antonio Spurs in four games. At DraftKings Sportsbook in Tennessee you can bet on the Grizz and all NBA teams during the regular season and postseason.
- Tennessee Titans: The Titans are the state’s longest tenured professional team, having played in Tennessee since 1997. For two years they were known as the Oilers, having relocated from Houston. In 1999 the team’s name was changed to the Tennessee Titans, and that season the Titans reached the Super Bowl, where they barely lost to the Louis Rams 23-16 in Super Bowl XXXIV. You can bet on all Titans and NFL games on the DraftKings app. At DraftKings, both pregame and live, in game wagering is available for all NFL games.
- Nashville SC: Tennessee’s newest pro team is Nashville SC of Major League Soccer. Nashville SC began play in 2020, with the team’s first game taking place in February. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and subsequent halt of the MLS season, Nashville didn’t win its first MLS game until August 2020. Nashville SC will play its homes games at Nissan Stadium until 2022. Both the Titans and University of Tennessee State Tigers football team call Nissan Stadium home, as well.
- College football: DraftKings Sportsbook has betting for Division I college football FBS teams always should have odds throughout the season, meaning you can bet on Tennessee, Memphis, Vanderbilt and Middle Tennessee. As for FCS teams, DraftKings might not have lines for some of their games depending on each week’s matchup. The FCS teams that call Tennessee home are: Chattanooga, Austin Peay, East Tennessee State, UT Martin, Tennessee State and Tennessee Tech.
- Men’s college basketball: As is the case for NCAA football above, DraftKings has plenty of betting options available before tipoff. The 10 teams listed in the college football section all have men’s basketball teams that you can bet on using the DraftKings app. There are also two other Division I teams in the state that have men’s basketball teams but not football teams. They are Lipscomb and Belmont.
And remember, the state restricts prop bets when it comes to college competitions.
DraftKings futures betting
If you’re unfamiliar, futures betting is about long-term wagers, as opposed to betting on single games. Many people like futures betting because it takes entire seasons into account, instead of just one game. In this section we’ve put together a look at DraftKings’ futures markets for the teams that play in the Volunteer State. Futures markets change often as teams sign or trade for players, players get injured or teams simply perform unexpectedly, so make sure to check out the odds often.
- Predators/NHL futures: At DraftKings Sportsbook in Tennessee you’ll find futures markets for the Preds and any of the NHL’s other 30 teams to win the Stanley Cup or the Eastern or Western Conference title, and for how they will do during the regular season. Depending on when you’re looking, you also will see odds on which player will win the Hart Memorial Trophy or Conn Smythe Trophy. It also is entirely possible that DraftKings will add odds for teams to win their divisions.
- Grizzlies/NBA futures: When you check out the futures market for the NBA at DraftKings, you’ll see that there are odds for the Grizzlies and the other 29 NBA teams to win the title or win their conference, as well as total regular season wins. Depending on the time of year you’re looking, there also will be lines involving the NBA draft or individual players futures. The NBA draft futures are for the top overall pick, over/unders for where various players will be selected and special futures for things like the number of freshmen or international players to be selected. Closer to or during the season, futures will be for winning the regular season or NBA Finals MVP.
- Titans/NFL futures: At DraftKings Sportsbook you’ll find more futures markets for the Titans and NFL as a whole than any other sport. When it comes to teams, you can wager on the Super Bowl, conference and division winners, over/unders for regular season wins and even whether there will be a team that goes 16-0 or 0-16 during the season. For player futures, you definitely are able to bet on who will win the NFL MVP award, and there likely will be Titan-specific offers. They could have to do with Derrick Henry’s rushing totals or Ryan Tannehill’s passing numbers, for example.
- Nashville SC/MLS futures: At the moment DraftKings does not have futures odds for MLS as a whole. Whether that changes going forward is anyone’s guess, but chances are if it does, there only will be odds for which team will win the MLS Cup.
- College football futures: The futures market for college football at DraftKings allows you to bet on a few things. You can pick which teams you believe will win their conference during the regular season. And you can bet on who will be the overall NCAA football national champion at season’s end. Based on the conferences DraftKings has odds on, you might only be able to wager on Vanderbilt and Tennessee to win the SEC. And unless any other teams from the state are having especially good seasons, you might not be able to bet on anyone else to win the national championship.
- Men’s college basketball futures: You will find the futures market for men’s NCAA basketball at DraftKings online sportsbook to be very similar to the college football one. There are futures for conference winners and for the eventual national champion. In addition, you can bet on which teams you think will make it to the Final Four during March Madness. There definitely will be odds on Tennessee, Memphis and Vanderbilt. As for other schools from the state, it will depend on how each team is doing or projected to do each year. If and when any of the local college teams qualify for the Big Dance, they’ll have odds on them at that time.
Banking options at DraftKings Tennessee
Unlike online poker and casino gaming, sports betting doesn’t come for free. Even though the DraftKings Sports bonus system allows you to earn free bets, you’ll always be required to stake some cash. Because you can only bet for real money, deposits and withdrawals are important. When DraftKings goes live in Tennessee, it will have to abide by state laws.
These laws include various requirements with regard to processing and storing player funds. Basically, DraftKings will have to use SSL encryption software and recognized payment processors. These processors will not only have to be approved by the local gaming authority but overseen by financial regulators. This is to ensure your money is safe at all times. Additionally, DraftKings will be required to store your money in protected bank accounts.
With everything secured, you’ll be able to make deposits and withdrawals of $10 or more. The former will be processed instantly, while the latter should be reviewed and authorized within 48 hours. This means you should receive your winnings within two to seven days.
The payment options we expect to see at DraftKings Sportsbook Tennessee are:
- Bank transfer
- In-person payments
Customer service options at DraftKings
You’ll never be at a loss for help at DraftKings Sportsbook. As a licensed sportsbook in Tennessee, the company has to have onsite support service. DraftKings provides support in the following forms: FAQ, email, and live chat.
Responsible gaming at DraftKings
Betting responsibly is as much DraftKings’ responsibility as yours. To help you stay safe, the app will contain a range of self-protection features. Firstly, the support team will be on hand to help if you ever feel as though your gambling has become a problem. As well as advice, team members can direct you to organizations that specialize in this area.
Secondly, DraftKings Sportsbook allows you to limit your deposits and, if necessary, take a time out. You can set these options via your account page and restrict activity as you see fit. Importantly, once you impose a certain condition, you can’t instantly change it. Therefore, you won’t be able to make impulsive decisions.
Is DraftKings the best sportsbook in Tennessee?
As of right now we feel confident in saying the DraftKings Sportsbook in Tennessee is in a tight race with FanDuel for being the top sportsbook in the state.
But there are a slew of competitors close on their heels. BetMGM, Caesars Sportsbook, and FanDuel all have a lot going for them as well and easily could make a claim for the top spot in the near future.
What helps set DraftKings apart from the crowd is its promotions throughout the year that help players build up a nice bankroll, while not having to risk too much; a great app for iOS and Android that makes placing bets a breeze; and the ability to link your DraftKings daily fantasy sports account with your sportsbook account.
Overall, we really like what DraftKings Sportsbook has to offer players in Tennessee, but we still are in the very early stages of legalized sports betting in the state, so there’s plenty of time for things to change going forward.
DraftKings Sportsbook Tennessee FAQ
When you sign up with DraftKings Tennessee, you can claim a $50 free bet by making your first deposit. That same deposit also will be matched by DraftKings at a 20% rate for up to $1,000 in bonus funds. Those funds do come with a 25x playthrough condition.
Yes. When you place a bet at DraftKings, you can track it by visiting the “My Bets” page. If the option to cash out early is available, a yellow button will appear here. Click it to confirm that’s what you want to do, and the money should land in your account straight away.
You can access your account balance to request a withdrawal from DraftKings at any time. Withdrawal options include online banking, PayPal, VIP Preferred e-check and Play+ card. Alternatively, you can request a check by mail.
DraftKings has its headquarters in Boston, with an additional four office locations across three countries. The CEO of the company is Jason Robins.
To place sports bets using a Tennessee-licensed online sportsbook, you must be within state lines, yes. To verify this, DraftKings will check your location every time you log in.