BetMGM Tennessee Bonus Code for $1,000 Risk-free Bet
BetMGM Sportsbook was one of the first sportsbooks to launch in Tennessee on Nov. 1, 2020, giving the Volunteer State a sportsbook run one of the biggest casino operators in the world, MGM Resorts International.
MGM is one of the most-trusted names in the gambling industry and we have little doubt that BetMGM will be one of the top sportsbooks in Tennessee for years to come.
The BetMGM Sportsbook app is one of the best and most popular sports betting apps in Tennessee, if you haven’t tried it yet, now is the perfect time to sign up. That’s because right now BetMGM is offering using up to $1,000 in welcome bonuses. Simply sign up with BetMGM and use our bonus code PLAYBONUS to get a risk-free first bet up to $1,000.
BetMGM Sportsbook Tennessee welcome bonus
New users who use the BetMGM bonus code PLAYBONUS when signing up for a Tennessee BetMGM account will receive a risk-free first bet up to $1,000.
The bet credits will show up to your account within 24 hours of the first bet settling. For wager amounts up to $50, you will receive the entire amount in one bet credit. For amounts $50 and above, you’ll receive five equal bet credits each worth 20% of your original wager.
You have seven days to use the free bet credits.
BETMGM TENNESSEE BONUS CODE - August 2022
|Online Sportsbook||BetMGM Sportsbook|
|BetMGM Bonus Code Tennessee||PLAYBONUS|
|Risk-Free Bet||Up to $1,000|
|Last Updated||August 2022|
BetMGM Sportsbook promotions
BetMGM Sports often has extra offers running on its promotions page. These can change from time to time. Here’s an example.
The online sportsbook sometimes offers a free daily trivia game. Simply sign up for the game, answer questions and win money. You’ll have 10 seconds to answer 10 sports or pop culture questions. If you answer all 10 correctly, you’ll receive a portion of the daily prize. All of your correct answers will be applied to a weekly leaderboard contest. If you do well enough, you could win a part of the weekly prize as well.
Is BetMGM legal in Tennessee?
Yes, BetMGM Sportsbook is legal in Tennessee. Online sportsbooks launched in the Volunteer State on Nov. 1, 2020, though retail sportsbooks are not allowed in Tennessee.
Tennessee’s Sports Gaming Act is the bill that allowed for the legalization of sports betting throughout the state. The bill went into effect when Gov. Bill Lee declined to sign the bill, but also did not veto it, in May 2019.
Sportsbooks in the state are regulated by the Tennessee Education Lottery Commission, as the state as a whole has very few forms of legalized gambling, other than sports betting and daily fantasy sports wagering.
While Tennessee gambling law allows for betting on college and university teams based in the state, there are a few rules regarding what cannot be bet on for college sports. Prop bets involving individual college athletes are not allowed, and live prop bets on teams or individuals are prohibited.
How to sign up for BetMGM Tennessee Sportsbook
You can sign up by visiting the BetMGM Tennessee sportsbook here.
In the top right-hand corner of the site, you’ll find a registration box. The first section asks you to select Mr. or Ms. with your first and last name, email address, and date of birth. Once you’ve filled this out, continue to the second section.
You’ll need to create a username and password in this section. Your username must be between five and 15 characters, start with a letter, and may consist of letters, numbers, and some special characters. Your password must contain upper and lowercase letters and a number. It must be between eight and 20 characters. It may not contain any of the specified special characters, and cannot be your email or username. You’ll also enter the last four digits of your Social Security number and your phone number before moving on.
In the third step, you’ll enter your address, allowing BetMGM to verify your location. You’ll also need to answer two security questions to secure your account.
You can now enter our BetMGM sportsbook bonus code PLAYBONUS to receive the risk-free first bet up to $1,000. You’ll have to confirm your information and agree to BetMGM’s terms and conditions at this point.
Finally, you’ll receive an email to verify and activate your account. Simply click the link in the email to activate your BetMGM account, and you’ll be able to deposit and bet immediately.
How to download the BetMGM app
BetMGM’s app is available on Apple and Android devices, and it’s easy to download.
Simply visit the BetMGM website. You’ll click on the iOS logo if you are playing on iPhone/iPad or the Android logo for the Android download.
Features of the BetMGM website
The BetMGM website has plenty of features on the homepage. There is a top banner featuring help, contact, log in, and register tabs in the right-hand corner. The top left-hand side features links to get to the sportsbook, casino and poker room. This header has a number of sports tabs, as well, with the promotions tab and search bar at the end of the viewable icons.
Below the header is a scrolling bar of upcoming games. This shows a number of upcoming games that you can bet on. These bets are simple and have the moneyline odds. This scrolling bar is a quick way to bet on upcoming games.
There are two important blocks on the left-hand side of the page. The first is labeled “Popular.”
This looks at sports that are currently popular or receiving the most bets. These individual tabs take you to all of the available bets for that particular sport.
The block below that is labeled “Top Sports.” This has a number of sports you can bet on, and the list is significantly larger than the popular block.
Furthermore, the last tab on this block is labeled A-Z Sports, allowing you to see all of the available sports to bet on.
BetMGM has a scrolling promotions block to the right of the popular block. This block simply scrolls through its promotional offers, allowing you to click on any of them you might find interesting. Clicking the images takes you to those pages.
Below the promotions is an upcoming events block. This allows you to see all of the upcoming events that you can bet on. Near the top of the block is a section with all currently available sports. This part scrolls through, allowing you to individually select what sport you want to bet on. The next section below that has two drop-down tabs that offer you a number of bets. The remainder of the blocks are the upcoming games or matches with odds for the bets that you selected in the drop-down menu. You can also click each individual game to take you to a new page that has all of the available bets.
There is a useful footer at the bottom of the page. This has five sections — home, A-Z menu, bet slip, my bets and promotions.
They are each relatively self-explanatory. The home button takes you to BetMGM’s homepage. The A-Z menu directs you to all of BetMGM’s available sports in alphabetical order. The bet slip section takes you to your bet slip, allowing you to place bets that you have selected. The my bets icon directs you to your live bets, upcoming bets, and bet history. Lastly, the promotions tab brings you to the promotions page.
How to navigate BetMGM.com
The BetMGM site is relatively easy to navigate once you know where you need to go. Similar to most sports betting sites, the login and registration tabs are located in the top right-hand corner. There is also a help and contact tab in this section.
There are a number of sports icons in this header, as well. Clicking any individual sport will take you to all of the available bets for that particular sport. There is a favorites icon, which takes you to anything you previously marked as a favorite. The promotions icon will direct you to BetMGM’s promotions page. The search icon directs you to the search bar, allowing you to search for any team, player, or competition.
Under the header is a scrolling bar for upcoming bets. This is a quick way for you to bet on the moneylines of upcoming sporting events. BetMGM may also show featured bets here.
There are two blocks on the left side of the page that offer a number of sporting options. The first block is labeled “Popular,” while the other is “Top Sports.” The Top Sports block has more options, with an A-Z list at the bottom of the block. Clicking any of the individual sports directs you to a page that offers all of the available bets for that particular sport.
The scrolling block to the right of the popular sports shows a number of promotions for BetMGM. These take you to each specific promotion when you click it.
Below are BetMGM’s upcoming events. There are a number of sports that you can select. If you find a particular game you want to bet on, you can click that game, and it will direct you to a page that has all of the available bets.
The footer is extremely important. It features home, A-Z menu, bet slip, my bets and promotions tabs. These tabs take you directly to those pages, and they have been outlined above.
How to use the BetMGM Sportsbook app
The BetMGM app is extremely simple and effective. It’s easy to find anything you’re looking for.
The header allows you to log in or register in the top right corner. Once you log in, this changes to your account and balance.
Below the header is a black scrolling bar. This has a home button to go along with all of the sports that have available bets. You can scroll to the right with your finger and select any sport by clicking on the icon. This takes you to a page that allows you to select leagues and games. Ultimately, it will take you to all of the available bets for that sport.
There is a banner below the header that has updates for BetMGM.
The rest of the main portion of the app is BetMGM’s available bets. There are a number of drop-down menus in this section for different sports and available bets. You can click on “game props” to find all of the prop betting for that particular game. You can also click at the bottom of each section for all of the matchups. For example, you can select “all table tennis matchups” and it will direct you to all of the available table tennis matchups. You can then select the game props for any matchup, allowing you to see all the available bets for that matchup.
The final part of the BetMGM app is the footer. This has the sections A-Z sports, my bets, bet slip, and support. The A-Z sports section takes you to all of the sports available for you to bet on. The section for “my bets” directs you to your bets. You can see active bets, upcoming bets, and your bet history in this section. The bet slip is what you click to place bets that you have selected. Finally, support is available to help you with all questions and concerns.
Best features of the BetMGM Sportsbook app
The BetMGM Sportsbook app for Android and iOS devices has a lot to like about it, and we’ve picked out our top three features:
- M Life Rewards: One of the things that surprises us the most is how many online sportsbooks don’t offer any type of loyalty program. That’s not the case when it comes to BetMGM. Once you create your BetMGM Sportsbook account, you’ll either be able to link it to your M Life Rewards program or you’ll be enrolled in the program, which is connected to MGM Resorts. When it comes to earning credits, every $100 in straight wagers nets you one credit, while ever $50 in parlays or round robins gets you one credit, as well. The more credits you earn, the better rewards you will receive from M Life Rewards.
- Free offers: BetMGM Sportsbook has tons of free offers that make being a customer extremely rewarding. For example, during the NFL season it runs a weekly promo where you pick the first touchdown score for three games. If you get one right you get a free $5 bet; two correct picks gets you a free $10 bet; hit on all three and receive a free $100 bet. Another promo at BetMGM is the Money Monday Club. The way it works is simple, opt in and place $50 or more in qualifying offers to receive a free $10 bet the following Monday.
- Prebuilt parlays: The BetMGM app is loaded with prebuilt parlays, and it should just keep getting better. Parlays are a lot of fun, but figuring out what to bet can be a hassle sometimes. So it’s nice when a sportsbook offers prebuilt parlays so you can make your bets quicker and easier. It also was announced in October 2020 that BetMGM had partnered with Betgenius to launch Parlay Builder at its sportsbook. We’ve yet to see Parlay Builder fully launched, but a similar product in Europe has been very successful.
How could BetMGM Sportsbook improve?
While BetMGM is a very good sportsbook, there are a few things we think could be improved to make it one of the best in Tennessee. Here are our thoughts on what BetMGM could be doing better:
- Better bet slip settings: This one honestly bothers us. Most sportsbook settings have your bet slip start with zero dollars in it; however the default setting at BetMGM is $50, and the default setting is also for “Skip confirmation on bet placement.” It’s no fun when you’re starting out to constantly have to be careful not to accidentally hit the “place bet” button and make a $50 bet you didn’t intend to. We see no reason the default setting shouldn’t be for either zero or the minimum allowable amount and to always give players a chance to confirm their bet, unless they choose otherwise.
- Easier-to-use promotions: While we like a lot of the promos that BetMGM has to offer, we’re not fans of how difficult they can be to access. You start by clicking the promotions button on the BetMGM app, which is easy enough. But then you need to click on the promotion, which causes a “Learn More” button to pop up, which you need to tap. From there, depending on the promo, you still might have to go through another step or two. Once you know all the steps involved, it gets easier, but it still feels like two of three steps too many. Please, BetMGM, make it easier to take advantage of all your great offers.
- A slightly simpler home screen: While we love all the offers, sports you can bet on and types of bets you can make using the BetMGM Sportsbook app, the homepage can feel overwhelming at times with everything going on. There’s a scrolling marquee that changes every five to seven seconds. Above that is a list of all the sports you can bet on. There’s also a list of various prebuilt parlays you can place, and then below all of that is a list of upcoming or live games. And there’s still your account information along the top of the page and your bet slip, current bets and promotions listed at the bottom of the screen. All of that before you even scroll down. It just feels like a little too much going on. Sometimes less is more, and this is one of those times.
Available BetMGM sports betting options
BetMGM offers a wide variety of sports to bet on, including professional and collegiate sports. Here is every sport you can wager on for BetMGM in Tennessee:
- Aussie rules football
- Basketball (NBA and NCAAB)
- Football (NFL and NCAAF)
- Soccer (MLS and international)
Tennessee teams you can bet on
Whether you’re new to sports betting, recently relocated to Tennessee or just need a refresher, we’ve got you covered. In this section we run through all the professional and college teams you can bet on at BetMGM in Tennessee, starting with the professional teams:
- Tennessee Titans, NFL: The Houston Oilers relocated to Tennessee in 1997 after 37 seasons in Texas. Two years later, the team name was changed to the Titans, and it has been that way ever since. During its first season as the Titans, the team made the playoffs as a wild card and beat the Buffalo Bills, Indianapolis Colts and Jacksonville Jaguars before losing to the Louis Rams 23-16 in Super Bowl XXXIV. The Titans play their home games in Nashville’s Nissan Stadium. BetMGM has all the NFL and Titans bets you could ask for, from pregame bets to live betting during games and futures markets.
- Memphis Grizzlies, NBA: The Grizzlies are another team that relocated to Tennessee. The Grizzlies moved to Memphis — where they had been since 1995-96 — for the 2001-02 season. The highest the Grizzlies have finished in the Western Conference standings since moving to Memphis was fourth in 2011-12. Memphis advanced to the Western Conference Finals once, losing to the San Antonio Spurs 4-0 in 2013. At BetMGM, you can bet on all Grizzlies games and those of the other 29 NBA teams, too.
- Nashville Predators, NHL: The Predators were an NHL expansion team that began play in the 1998-99 season in Nashville. The Predators did not reach the Stanley Cup playoffs until 2003-04, when they were promptly eliminated in the first round by the Detroit Red Wings. The closest Nashville has come to winning the Stanley Cup was in 2017 when it made the Stanley Cup Final as the No. 8 seed in the Western Conference before being eliminated in six games by the Pittsburgh Penguins. BetMGM has live betting and pregame wagering for the Preds, along with every other NHL team.
- Nashville SC, MLS: Nashville SC added to the list of pro sports teams you can bet on at BetMGM when it began MLS play in 2020. Nashville SC lost its first two regular season games before picking up the club’s first victory by beating FC Dallas 1-0 on Aug. 12, 2020. Nashville will play its home games at Nissan Stadium through the 2022 season. After that, the club is expected to begin play at Nashville SC Stadium at The Fairgrounds.
You can wager on Nashville SC games and all other MLS games on BetMGM.
- NCAA men’s basketball: There are 12 Division I men’s college basketball teams hailing from Tennessee. Four of them are large schools that play in higher profile conferences, and you are able to wager on all of their games at BetMGM. Those four schools are Memphis, Tennessee, Middle Tennessee and Vanderbilt. You’ll also be able to bet on the other eight teams most of the time, but there might be games in which BetMGM will not have lines available. Those eight schools are Belmont, Austin Peay, Chattanooga, East Tennessee State, Lipscomb, UT Martin, Tennessee Tech and Tennessee State.
- NCAA football: In college football there are 10 Tennessee schools that you can wager on using the BetMGM online sportsbook app. Of the schools listed above in the men’s basketball section, the two that do not have football teams are Belmont and Lipscomb.
Vanderbilt, Tennessee, Middle Tennessee and Memphis all play in the Football Bowl Subdivision, meaning you will be able to bet on all their games at BetMGM. The other six schools play in the Football Championship Subdivision, and while most of their games will be available to bet on, there could be a few times when lines are not available.
BetMGM futures betting
Since none of our local pro teams have won a championship in their respective sports, we think now is the perfect time to be able to start making futures bets on the Titans, Predators, Grizzlies or Nashville SC to win it all. That way when one of them finally breaks through, you’ll be able to celebrate and cash in at the same time. However, those optimistic bets are not the only futures you will see on the BetMGM Sportsbook app. We’ve compiled a list of the futures markets, with special attention paid to Tennessee teams:
- NFL/Titans futures: BetMGM’s NFL futures market is a little different from what you will find at a lot of other sportsbooks in Tennessee. Of course you can wager on the Titans or any other team to win the Super Bowl, though why’d you want to pick anyone other than Tennessee is beyond us. After that, though, BetMGM lets you bet on which conference and division the Super Bowl winner will come from. Breaking it down even further, you can select the NFL team that will represent the AFC and NFC in the Super Bowl. You also can wager on which division the AFC and NFC winner will come from. And lastly you can bet on which teams will win their divisions. BetMGM also has one players futures market available: who will win the NFL Associated Press MVP award.
- NBA/Grizzlies futures: The futures market at BetMGM Sportsbook is larger than a lot of other NBA futures markets. There obviously are odds for winning the NBA Finals, as well as for winning the Western and Eastern Conference. But BetMGM also has an extensive list of players you can pick to win the MVP award. Ja Morant, anyone? And if it’s close to the NBA draft, you can expect to see futures for which player will be the No. 1 overall section.
- NHL/Predators futures: NHL futures markets tend to be a little smaller than the other major sports, and at BetMGM, that’s exactly the case. You definitely will see odds for which team will win the Stanley Cup (could this finally be the Preds’ year?) and for who will represent the Western and Eastern Conference in the finals. During the playoffs, we expect there will be odds for the eventual winner of the Conn Smythe Trophy, and during the regular season for the Hart Memorial Trophy, too, but that might be it.
- MLS/Nashville SC futures: MLS has yet to gain enough of a foothold to warrant sportsbooks having a futures market for the league. It wouldn’t surprise to see futures odds available for picking the MLS Cup winner once the MLS playoffs start, but other than that, don’t expect to see much in the way of futures wagers for Nashville SC.
- NCAA men’s basketball futures: The men’s college basketball market is limited in one way at BetMGM, but extensive in another. It’s limited in that the only futures market available is for betting on the eventual national champion. It’s extensive in the sense that pretty much every NCAA team is listed, including Tennessee schools such as Lipscomb, Austin Peay and Tennessee Tech. Now, we can’t in good conscience advise betting on those teams to win the NCAA men’s basketball national title, but we could get behind a wager on Tennessee or Memphis, at least.
- NCAA football futures: The college football futures market at BetMGM in Tennessee is a little different, and we expect there to be additions in the future. As it currently stands, you can bet on the eventual winner of the Big Ten and Pac-12 conferences, as well as the winner of the Big Ten’s East and West Divisions. But that is it in terms of conference betting. It definitely is strange to not have other conferences available to bet on like the SEC just because their seasons already were underway. The only other futures market available is for picking the national champ at season’s end. Just like BetMGM’s college basketball futures market, the sportsbook’s football offering lists a plethora of teams, more than you’ll see at most other books. Once again though, a wager on Middle Tennessee, even with +50,000 odds, just doesn’t seem very likely to pay off.
Betting options at BetMGM Sportsbook TN
It offers prop betting, as well. This type of betting allows you to focus on very specific bets, such as how many points a player will score or who will hit a home run that day. For example, you’ll find odds for bets like “Will Mike Trout hit a home run?” Prop bets are not available on collegiate sports in Tennessee.
BetMGM also offers futures betting. This allows you to bet on specific future outcomes. These include a variety of options, such as who will win the next NBA championship, who will lead the NFL in touchdowns, and much more.
Bet MGM gives you the option to cash out on certain bets. If this is available on your bet, you can cash out before the game is over. For example, if you bet the Denver Nuggets as three-point favorites and they are winning by 25 at halftime, BetMGM will offer you new odds to cash out before the game ends. Your odds will decrease, meaning you’ll win less money in this situation, but it allows you to avoid late-game comebacks and bad beats.
BetMGM has a unique “edit my bet” feature on its site, as well. As the title suggests, this allows you to edit your bet. For this feature, there must be at least one open part to your bet, and BetMGM must be offering the ability to cash out.
If you meet that criteria, here’s how you can edit your bet:
- Add another leg (bet) to your original bet.
- Change your choice on your original bet.
- Remove an existing leg (bet) from your original bet.
- Increase the stake you have on the bet.
These options allow you to do a variety of things. If you’re confident in a bet, you can add a leg to your parlay, increasing your risk but also increasing your reward. You can also remove a leg of your parlay, allowing you to win more often as it’s less of a risk, but also lowering your reward. This is one of the most unique features on the market and could help you win some money if used properly.
BetMGM Sportsbook deposit/withdraw options
BetMGM uses the US banking system as a legal United States sportsbook, certifying that your money is safe and accessible at all times, while allowing for fast transactions. Utilizing the US banking system allows for more safety and speed than what is available on offshore sportsbooks.
BetMGM makes depositing to its website simple and quick. The process is easy, as you must select deposit before choosing your method of deposit and how much money you’d like to put into your account. Your money will be available to bet immediately.
There are three ways to deposit into your BetMGM account in Tennessee:
- Debit cards
- Electronic bank transfers
- E-wallet (PayPal, Skrill)
BetMGM allows you to deposit with your debit card. Simply enter your information for the deposit. BetMGM accepts Visa and Mastercard, but not all banks will allow the transaction. Check with your bank prior to making the deposit to see if it will allow it. BetMGM does not accept credit card deposits in Tennessee at the moment.
Electronic bank transfers are arguably the safest way to deposit into your account. They transfer money directly from your bank account into your BetMGM account. Enter your bank information and deposit. Once again, not all banks will allow this transaction, so check with your bank prior to making the deposit.
An e-wallet is an electronic wallet that you can deposit money into your Bet MGM account with. The most common is PayPal, which acts as a third party in these deposits. BetMGM also accepts deposits from Skrill. If your bank doesn’t allow you to deposit, you can transfer money into your PayPal or Skrill account and then deposit it into your BetMGM account. It adds an extra step, but will allow the deposit to go through.
Withdrawing from BetMGM is as simple as depositing. Once you log into your account, select withdraw. Then select your method and the amount you’d like to withdraw.
There are three ways to withdraw from BetMGM in Tennessee:
- Check by mail
- Electronic check
- E-wallet (PayPal, Skrill)
BetMGM will send you a check through the mail to your physical location. You must give it all of the necessary information. This withdrawal method takes the longest of the three.
You may request an electronic check. This is essentially a bank transfer, as the check will be processed into your bank account.
You can receive your money through an e-wallet. BetMGM can transfer money directly into your PayPal or Skrill account.
BetMGM Customer support
BetMGM offers multiple ways to reach its customer support, depending on how much time you have available.
In the top right-hand corner of the website, you’ll find a help and contact tab. This takes you to a frequently asked questions page. The first question you will see is “How can we help you?” You must click on what you need help with from a list of options. This drops down to multiple frequently asked questions, allowing you to find the question you have. Click on that question, and the answer will appear below.
At the bottom of the page, BetMGM asks if you need more help. If you select yes, it will take you to a page that offers a live chat or email option. If you need an answer fast, live chat is the fastest solution. If you have a bit more time, you can send an email.
BetMGM offers telephone support, as well. It can be reached at 1-609-248-9531.
Is BetMGM the best sportsbook in Tennessee?
While we don’t consider BetMGM Sportsbook to be the best in Tennessee, it still is a really solid sportsbook. And with online sportsbooks just having launched in late 2020, there’s a lot left to be determined when it comes to the race to claim top sportsbook honors.
The way we see it, both FanDuel and DraftKings are in the lead with a group of several other sportsbooks, one of which is BetMGM, nipping at their heels.
The next year or two should go a long way in helping figure out exactly which sportsbooks are legitimate contenders for the crown and which will likely be left playing for second place.
BetMGM is backed by parent company MGM Resorts International, which has been a well-respected gambling company for more than 30 years. It has casino and/or sportsbook apps in Tennessee, Indiana, Nevada, New Jersey, and West Virginia, with more states expected to follow.
BetMGM is partnered with multiple professional sports organizations, including the MLB, NBA, NHL, and WNBA. It is also partnered with Yahoo! Sportsbook and Buffalo Wild Wings. BetMGM uses Official NFL Data as its data provider for the NFL.
BetMGM Sportsbook Tennessee FAQ
Use the bonus code PLAYBONUS to receive a risk-free first bet up to $1,000 when you register with BetMGM Sportsbook Tennessee. Additionally, you’ll get a free $10 weekly bet every week that you wager $50 or more.
PayPal is one of the fastest ways to deposit and withdraw at BetMGM, but other efficient options include a Play+ prepaid card and online banking. Transactions generally require a minimum of $10.
Yes, Titans bets are some of the most popular at BetMGM in Tennessee. Head over to the NFL page from the top navigation bar to see available football bets, or look for the team using BetMGM’s search bar.
BetMGM is a joint venture between MGM Resorts International and Entain. The sportsbook is headquartered in Jersey City, New Jersey.
Access the BetMGM site via mobile browser, select Tennessee from the list of states, select the A-Z menu from the navigation bar at the bottom of the screen, and under where it says “Download our apps,” choose the option to download the sports app.
Yes, check your bet slip to see if BetMGM is offering an early cash-out option for any of your active wagers. Be quick, though — this option doesn’t usually stick around for long.