There is more reason than ever for pop celebrity Justin Timberlake to get in on the sports betting action by launching his own online sportsbook in Tennessee.
The musician, actor and sports fan recently joined fellow Tennessee-based investors to launch a Major League Baseball (MLB) franchise in Nashville.
Music City Baseball (MCB), the company behind the effort to bring MLB to Tennessee, announced Timberlake’s investment of an undisclosed amount last week.
In our opinion, all that is left to do now is bring Justin’s very own TKO Sportsbook to the state.
Justin Timberlake and Music City Baseball
MCB’s unique integration of music and sports is of particular interest to the Grammy Award-winning artist. A variety of concerts and special events are planned for the new proposed ballpark.
Timberlake joins MCB’s Music Industry Advisors committee, one that features notable artists Kane Brown, Eric Church, and Luke Combs.
The company mentioned Timberlake’s ties to Memphis, Tennessee as another reason he is an ideal partner for the group.
The group is on a quest to bring a team called the Nashville Stars to Tennessee, but they have a long journey ahead of them. Details such as financing and where a stadium would go have yet to be made public.
While there is no official timetable for the project, it is still an exciting venture.
Justin Timberlake is a sports fanatic
The Memphis-born celebrity has been known to dip his toes in all types of ventures throughout the years. The “Prince of Pop” has an extensive career portfolio, ranging from restaurateur and author to philanthropist and sports investor.
This celebrity is serious about his sports!
Timberlake has held a minority ownership stake with the NBA’s Memphis Grizzlies since 2012. He has also been known to hit the court at various NBA practice facilities before playing a concert. His shooting skills are especially impressive from long range.
When it comes to golf, he owned Mirimichi Golf Course in Memphis from 2009-2014, one of the most eco-friendly courses in the country.
Reasons Justin Timberlake should launch a sportsbook
As Tennessee prepares to go live with sports betting in November, we can’t help but wish JT would jump on the sportsbook bandwagon.
A foray into the sports betting world makes perfect sense for Timberlake’s trajectory. This is especially true given his connections to Tennessee and his ties to the NBA, MLB and PGA.
Tennessee’s new sports betting laws allow just about anyone to launch an online sportsbook. JT would need only to send in an application and pay the small (relative) licensing fee of $750,000. This could be fairly manageable since he earned $57.5 million in 2019.
Suggested JT sportsbook promos
Truth be told, Timberlake may never give us the full TKO Sportsbook experience. That certainly won’t stop us from fantasizing about some of the JT-themed promos we’d love to see:
- Can’t Stop The Feeling: Be quick on the action by placing three in-game bets during the first half of a game to earn a free bet.
- It’s Gonna Be Me: Cash out a bet during the game to ensure a winning wager.
- Trouble With The Curve: A special bet that allows players to change their original moneyline before halftime.
- Up Against The Wall: Earn a free bet when wagering the moneyline on a 3-point or greater underdog.
- The 20/20 Experience: Place two bets on the same event, then choose one and drop the other during halftime.
That good ole JT-flavored inspiration could influence every aspect of the sportsbook:
- Friends With Benefits: A reload bonus that applies every time a returning player deposits money into their account.
- Cry Me A River: Insurance for bets lost due to a close-game shakeup during the final seconds.
- The Game Is Over: An online cashier where players can withdraw their winnings.
It has been said, the greatest way to say something is to say nothing at all . . . sometimes. Here’s to hoping JT has a secret plan to bring sexy back by launching a sportsbook of his own.
After all, juice is temporary; the sauce is forever.
Ain’t nothin’ to it but to do it, JT.