Best New Sportsbooks in Tennessee
Sports betting is so new to Tennessee that every online sportsbook and app launching in the Volunteer State can be considered a “new” sportsbook. That said, there are online sportsbooks that are new to Tennessee and others that are new to sports betting entirely.
In other words, some of Tennessee’s new sportsbooks have proven track records in other legal sports betting markets across the US. Others are brand new to sports betting and are operating for the first time right here in Tennessee.
What are the real differences between the two? How can you tell the difference? Why should you pick one or the other? Read on to find answers to these questions and more about every “new” sportsbook right here in Tennessee.
Best new sportsbook apps in TN
Whether they are new to Tennessee or new to sports betting entirely, the following TN online sportsbooks are the very best in the state:
Sports betting apps vs. casino & sportsbook apps
There are no casinos in Tennessee, and while online sportsbooks are now legal, online casinos are not. Not yet, anyway.
Still, many of the online sportsbooks now open in Tennessee also run integrated online casinos in states where available. That means they either offer online casino games through their sportsbook apps or run a separate online casino app where you can play using the same account you used to sign up at the sportsbook.
There’s one obvious advantage to signing up with an online sportsbook that runs an integrated online casino in another state:
- If Tennessee ever says yes to online casinos, you should be able to start playing online casino games almost instantly.
That said, TN online sportsbooks that are sports-betting only products, and plan to remain just that, offer you sports betting with zero distractions. For now, all sportsbooks in Tennessee are sports-betting only. Whether they run integrated online casinos in other states or not should have no real impact on your sports betting experience.
Best sportsbook apps new to Tennessee
The following Tennessee sports betting apps are new to the state, but have proven track records throughout the US:
DraftKings Sportsbook TN
DraftKings Sportsbook launched in Tennessee on Nov. 1, 2020. Most locals will be familiar with the name because DraftKings has run its market-leading daily fantasy sports product in Tennessee since the state legalized DFS in 2016.
Now, its sports betting app has come to Tennessee with a $50 free bet with a $5 minimum deposit and up to $1,000 in a deposit match bonus along with it.
DraftKings entered the sports betting market in 2018 and also offers online casino gambling in New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
Its betting carousel, live ticket system, and lay person’s approach to traditional sports betting jargon have proven to be game changers as DraftKings Sportsbook offers a premier sports betting experience wherever it operates.
FanDuel Sportsbook TN
FanDuel Sportsbook launched in Tennessee on Nov. 1, 2020. Once again, locals will be familiar with the name because FanDuel has run the other market-leading daily fantasy sports product in Tennessee since the state legalized DFS in 2016.
Now, its sports betting app has come to Tennessee with a new player bonus offer of a risk-free bet worth up to $1,000.
FanDuel has also been in sports betting since 2018 and also offers online casino gambling in New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
FanDuel has risen to become a market leader in every sports betting market it enters. Great bonuses, promotions and smoothly operating software seamlessly integrated with its DFS product take it over the top.
BetMGM Sportsbook TN
BetMGM Sportsbook launched in Tennessee on Nov. 1, 2020. The name may be familiar as it belongs to the biggest brand in the US casino and gambling industry. The BetMGM app is now live in Tennessee with a new player bonus offer worth up to $1,000.
MGM has been in sports betting since its early days in Las Vegas. It also has casino and poker apps running in New Jersey.
BetMGM delivers top quality promotions, features, flexibility, and functionality. You can even edit some bets and cash out others, giving you more options than most.
Best sportsbook new to the market
Action 24/7 is a local online sportsbook and betting app run by a Tennessee company. So far, it appears to be the only locally-founded sportsbook in Tennessee. While all Tennessee sportsbook apps offer only sports betting in the state at the moment, Action 24/7 doesn’t run an online casino product elsewhere like the rest do.
When we spoke earlier of TN sportsbooks new to sports betting entirely, we were talking about Action 24/7. This operator’s hope is that being local will mean more to customers than a proven track record in other states with legal sports betting.
Competing against experienced operators may prove tough if Tennesseans choose well-known national brand names over a desire to support a local business.
How to choose the best sportsbook apps
There are a few things you should take into consideration when you’re thinking about signing up for an account with an online sportsbook that is new to sports betting.
- New player bonus: Begin with a look at its new player bonus offer. Make sure the new sportsbook is offering you something at least comparable to what experienced operators are.
- Watch the lines: Next, watch the betting lines. Again, the new sportsbook should be offering lines that are competitive with experienced operators.
- Rewards and promos: After that, you can dive into whether the new sportsbook offers a decent loyalty program and ongoing promos that prove it wants to keep your business.
- Check the software: Sports betting software is pretty basic, with most offering similar functionality. As a last step, just make sure the new sportsbook’s software is as easy to use as others.
Take advantage of multiple sportsbook free money offers
If everything on this list lines up, there’s really no reason not to sign up for an account with an online sportsbook that is new to sports betting. In fact, the sharp play is to sign up with as many sportsbooks as you can, taking advantage of every new player bonus and ongoing promotion you can.
Free bets, risk-free bets, deposit bonuses and no deposit bonuses are free money, and you should get all you can while you can, whether it comes from an online sportsbook that is new to Tennessee or new to sports betting entirely.
How can I trust a new betting site?
You can trust online sportsbooks that are licensed by the Tennessee Lottery. Since this site promotes only sports betting sites and apps that are licensed by the Tennessee Lottery, you can trust any of the online sportsbooks and apps you find on this website.
If it’s listed here, it’s legal, licensed, and regulated by the state. You can also look for responsible gambling and Tennessee REDLINE symbols on the sportsbook’s website and app.
Licensed sportsbooks must promote responsible gambling initiatives like the Tennessee REDLINE (1-800-889-9789), a toll-free problem gambling and addiction information and referral line funded by the Tennessee Department of Mental Health & Substance Abuse Services. Therefore, responsible gambling and Tennessee REDLINE symbols are a good sign you can trust the sportsbook.
Finally, make sure the sportsbook offers deposit and cash-out methods you are familiar with. Anything else is a sign you may be dealing with an illegal offshore sportsbook that is not to be trusted.
Advantages of brand new online sportsbooks
In theory, there are certain advantages online sportsbooks and apps that are new to Tennessee should have over others that are new to sports betting altogether.
- Sportsbooks will pay for your business: Experienced operators that are successful elsewhere should have money to spend promoting their brand in Tennessee. That should equal bigger promos and more sign-up incentives. However, brand new sportsbooks know they are competing against established brand names and might want to offer even bigger promos and more sign-up incentives just to combat that name recognition.
- Competitive lines: Experienced operators know how to set competitive betting lines that draw action. Then again, it’s no secret most sportsbooks set lines based on one another, and new sportsbooks have every opportunity to post lines that are just as competitive and let the action that the lines draw dictate any changes.
- Low vig: Bigger sports betting companies can rely on increased betting volume to help keep the vig low. That said, new sportsbooks have to make sure the vig — the fee a book collects for accepting a wager — is low, or they’ll price themselves right out of the market.
- Plenty of betting markets: It might seem like bigger sports betting companies can offer more sports and more lines for you to bet on, but there’s really nothing stopping new sportsbooks from offering up the same betting markets.
The truth is the advantages online sportsbooks that are new to Tennessee have over those that are new to sports betting are just theory. In practice, new betting sites can be equal to experienced operators in almost every way.
It all depends on whether new sportsbooks will offer:
- Competitive bonuses and promos
- Competitive lines
- A competitive vig structure
- As many lines and betting markets as others