DISCLAIMER: FOX Bet Sportsbook was closed in July 2023. Here’s a look at the best online sportsbooks that you can sign up with Tennessee in March 2024.
Best Tennessee online sportsbooks in March
If you are a sports fan and a Tennessee resident, here is some good news! Legal online sports betting is now legal. Below is a detailed review of FOX Bet featuring the site’s new player bonus and more exceptional features of this online sportsbook.
Already well-established in New Jersey and Pennsylvania, FOX Bet Sportsbook will enter the Tennessee online sports betting market strong in 2020. FOX Bet offers an impressive new player bonus for Tennessee online sports bettors.
By opting into this promotion players enjoy a welcome bonus that comes in the form of a first bet on FOX Bet up to $50. This promotion, combined with other industry-leading offerings, aims to not only attract new players but retain them long-term.
Below you will find information on what makes FOX Bet Sportsbook a popular choice for sports betting in Tennessee.
FOX Bet Sportsbook Tennessee welcome bonus
New Tennessee FOX Bet players enjoy a welcome bonus with a total maximum value of $50. When compared to other operators in the state, this bonus is enticing enough to attract a wide range of players. Bonus code or promo code None - Use Links to activate the bonus.
New players need to follow and complete these five requirements to secure this promotional offer:
- Go to promotions tab/page
- Click on the FIRST BET ON US promotion
- Click View Challenges
- Hit Opt-In button no more than 7 days from registration
- Place first bet on FOX Bet no more than 7 days from registration
This bonus is available to new customers only who are 21 or older. Below you will find more information on the FOX Bet new player bonus and other promotional events available to Tennessee bettors.
FOX Bet Sportsbook bonus code 2024
|FOX Bet Tennessee Bonus Code
|Sign Up Offer
|Up to $50 first bet on FOX Bet
|CO, MI, NJ & PA
FOX Bet Sportsbook sign-up and deposit bonus
The FOX Bet Tennessee welcome offer is unique in that it combines a bonus bet with a deposit bonus, while most other operators only offer one or the other. Furthermore, the total value of the FOX Bet new player bonus is rather outstanding and generous. Upon making your first deposit as a new customer and completing the five steps you receive a match bonus. The maximum bonus amount up to $50.
The operator applies wagering requirements of 25 times the bonus amount at minimum odds of -200 to clear the full bonus amount.
FOX Bet Sportsbook ongoing promotions
Outside of the new player bonus, FOX Bet offers Tennessee sports betting players daily betting advice from FOX Sports analysts. Such high-profile sports personalities as Colin Cowherd, Cris Carter, Nick Wright, Rachel Bonnetta, Clay Travis, Cousin Sal and Charissa Thompson offer expert picks to bettors. When you follow the experts’ recommendations, FOX Bet gives you special incentives on those bets.
Once the FOX Bet brand is more established in the Tennessee sports betting market, you may see recurring daily and weekly promos and specials offered. In other more established US markets, FOX Bet is known for its Twitter giveaways throughout the week. Also, there will likely be event-specific promotions related to such events as the Super Bowl or English Premier League soccer games. As a FOX Bet player, take advantage of daily custom bets and bet boosts that increase your winnings on stakes. The super boost opportunity also enhances your sports betting experience at FOXBet TN.
Is FOX Bet legal in Tennessee?
Yes, online sportsbooks were legalized in Tennessee thanks to the Sports Gaming Act becoming law in May of 2019. Since then the Tennessee Education Lottery Commission has approved and granted licenses to multiple sportsbooks.
Sportsbooks in Tennessee launched to the public in November 2020, almost a year and a half from the time the Sports Gaming Act passed into law. Some of the delay was due to the fact that there are barely any forms of legal gambling in Tennessee, so lawmakers were starting at the ground floor for quite a lot.
Tennessee sports betting law does have a couple of restrictions we believe it’s important to be aware of if you’re planning to do some sports betting. First, live, in-game prop bets on NCAA teams or athletes are not allowed. Along with that, all prop bets on individual NCAA athletes are prohibited. There are no restrictions on these types of bets on the professional ranks.
FOX Bet loyalty program
You will earn rewards on the FOX Bet sportsbook in a loyalty program inherited from The Stars Group’s system. You earn points for sports wagering. Wagers unlock chests containing bonus bets, bonuses and game tickets. There are a number of levels you advance through by placing bets. Players graduate through the program over a rolling 24-day period. The value of the rewards depends on betting turnover and the number of active chests.
How to sign up for an account at FOX Bet in Tennessee
To sign up for a new player account at FOX Bet Tennessee sportsbook, customers must follow these steps:
- Locate the FOX Bet Tennessee homepage.
- Click the “sign up” button.
- Fill in the required fields including contact and personal information.
- Specify a unique username and password.
- Promo code or bonus code None - Use Links.
- Confirm age and accept the site’s terms and conditions.
- Create your account.
- Deposit funds and claim the deposit bonus.
- Place your first bet and receive the bonus bet bonus, if applicable.
- Place bets to clear the welcome player bonus.
The FOX Bet sign-up process is quick and seamless. Registration is equally straightforward on desktop computers and mobile devices.
FOX Bet app
The FOX Bet betting client is also available on the FOX Bet App. To download the app, visit the FOX Bet website and select the iOS version, if you are on iPhone or iPad, or alternatively the Android version.
Both versions offer Tennessee customers the same account and betting services offered on the FOX Bet website, but we recommend you sign up via your web browser using the links on this page to ensure you get credit for your new player deposit bonus first.
Then you can download and log in to the app. From there, you will bet, deposit, and withdraw from within the app.
Users of iOS and Android smartphones and tablets enjoy access to in-play betting and livestreaming (when it becomes available) of sport events via the FOX Bet sports betting app.
Best features of the FOX Bet Sportsbook app
If you are trying to figure out which online sportsbook in Tennessee is the right one for you, we are here to help. In this section we have listed three of the top features the FOX Bet Sportsbook app has to offer, and in the next section we have three ways we’d like to see FOX Bet improve. First up, what FOX Bet does best.
- FOX Bet Twitter: While not technically part of the sportsbook app, the @FOXBet Twitter account is an amazing extension of the sportsbook. Our favorite part of it is the #CustomBet If there is particular bet you want to make but you can’t find it, you can tweet @FOXBet with #CustomBet, and it might add your bet. For example, if you wanted to bet on Derrick Henry and Ryan Tannehill both to score in a Titans game, you could tweet a bet and hopefully see it added to the site. There also is a promotion every Friday where the FOX Bet Twitter account gives away $100 bonus bets.
- Easy-to-use app: The FOX Bet app is extremely easy to use, and we find it to be one of the better looking sportsbook apps in the state. We also have been critical of other sportsbook apps that don’t rotate when you move your iPhone/iPad or Android device, so we’re always happy when an app like FOX Bet allows us to view it vertically and horizontally.
- Trending bets: One of the distinctive features on the FOX Bet app is its trending bets section. A lot of sportsbook have a popular section or tab, but those are usually just for games that are getting a lot of betting action. The trending bets is for specific bets that are the most popular. It is equal parts interesting to see what people are betting on, while also potentially being helpful in finding bets that offer a great return on investment at that particular time.
How could FOX Bet Sportsbook improve?
There are a few areas we think the sportsbook could use some improvement on. Here’s our list.
- No loyalty program: Tennessee sportsbooks take note, we’re not happy with how few of you offer loyalty/rewards programs that benefit your most loyal and repeat customers. It would be crazy for casinos throughout the US to not have rewards programs, but for some reason it’s accepted in the sports betting industry. We’re hoping that changes. Even daily fantasy sports sites like DraftKings offer loyalty programs, so here’s hoping FOX Bet Sportsbook can be one of the first to break the mold and reward bettors for continuing to do business with it.
- Better bet boosts: At FOX Bet there is a bet boost tab displayed prominently on the app’s homepage. When we checked it out over a few days, we were slightly disappointed in the offerings. In particular the boosts that involved parlays, such as two players homering in a baseball game, or multiple players recording a goal in a soccer game, where less than the un-boosted odds we found at other sites such as FanDuel Sportsbook. While it’s going to be impossible for any sportsbook to always have the best odds, we believe that if you’re boosting the odds, they should almost always be better than a competitor’s regular lines.
- Less self-promotion: Hey, we get it, FOX Bet is partnered with FOX Sports, but it does not change that whenever we sign in and scroll through the app we’re constantly bombarded by images of Terry Bradshaw, Howie Long, Skip Bayless and Shannon Sharpe. We can’t think of any other sportsbook app that feels like it’s more about the people promoting it than the sportsbook itself. It also leads to the question of whether FOX is more concerned with its on-air product being promoted by the sportsbook, and if that is the case, then that’s not necessarily a sportsbook we want to be doing business with in Tennessee.
Sports available at FOX Bet Tennessee Sportsbook
The site features an extensive range of betting markets for football, hockey, baseball and basketball, including the NFL, NHL, MLB, and NBA. Note that customers cannot bet on in-play college matches or props related to individual college athletes. FOX Bet players in TN can, however, place wagers on global sports such as soccer, tennis, and golf. The most popular soccer competitions for betting are the Premier League in England, MLS, and the World Cup.
FOX Bet also accepts bets on esports, such as pro-gaming tournaments. Enjoy individual player events and team-franchised league events you can place wagers on. In addition, as a FOX Bet customer in TN, you can place bets on political races as well as television and entertainment specials. Betting on European niche sports like cricket, Aussie rules football, darts and rugby are all popular options at FOXBet.
Tennessee teams you can bet on
Tennessee has teams in most of the top US professional sports leagues, lacking only a Major League Baseball team. Whether you’re new to the state, new to sports betting or just need to brush up, here’s a quick overview of all the college and pro teams in our state that you can bet on using the FOX Bet app.
- The NFL’s Tennessee Titans: The Titans moved to Tennessee from Houston following the 1996 NFL season. For their first two seasons, they were known as the Tennessee Oilers before becoming the Tennessee Titans. The Titans have enjoyed a decent amount of success since the move. The Titans played in Super Bowl XXXIV, losing to the Louis Rams 23-16. Quarterback Steve McNair won the NFL MVP Award in 2003, Chris Johnson was the NFL’s Offensive Player of the Year in 2009 and Jevon Kearse (Defense, 1999) and Vince Young (Offense, 2006) have been named rookies of the year. FOX Bet has a plethora of NFL bets, with both in game and pregame betting options available for the Titans and the league’s 31 other teams.
- The NHL’s Nashville Predators: Like the Titans, the Predators also are chasing their first title. They nearly got it back in 2016-17 when they reached the Stanley Cup Final as the No. 8 seed in the Western Conference. Unfortunately, they were shut out in the final two games as the Pittsburgh Penguins won the best-of-seven series 4-2. Nashville’s best regular season came in 2017-18 when the Preds finished first in the West with 117 points and won the Presidents’ Trophy. You can wager on all Predators games, as well as those for the NHL’s 30 other teams, at FOX Bet.
- The NBA’s Memphis Grizzlies: The Grizzlies also are after their first title in franchise history; sadly they haven’t come as close as the Predators or Titans. The Grizzlies relocated from Vancouver in 2001 after six seasons playing in Canada and never making the playoffs. Since coming to Memphis, the deepest the Grizz have advanced in the playoffs was in 2012-13 when they reached the Western Conference Finals where they were immediately swept by the San Antonio Spurs. On FOX Bet, you can make all the bets you please on the Grizzlies, and for every NBA contest, both before and during games.
- MLS’s Nashville SC: While Nashville SC has yet to win the MLS Cup, that’s to be expected since the franchise’s first season in was in 2020 when it joined the league as an expansion team. Nashville SC is playing its home games at Nissan Stadium, also home to the Titans, while a soccer-specific stadium is being built and is expected to open in 2022. The new stadium will be in Nashville at The Fairgrounds event complex. You can bet on all MLS games, and thus all Nashville SC contests, at FOX Bet in Tennessee.
- NCAA football: With four Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS) teams from Tennessee and another six in the Football Championship Subdivision (FCS), there are quite a few local college teams to keep your eye on in the state. The FBS teams should always have lines for their games at FOX Bet Sportsbook, while some of the FCS contests might not be listed. The FBS teams are the Memphis Tigers, Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders, Vanderbilt Commodores and Tennessee Volunteers. On the FCS side of things, there are the Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles, East Tennessee State Buccaneers, UT Martin Skyhawks, Tennessee State Tigers, Austin Peay Governors and Chattanooga Mocs.
- NCAA men’s basketball: Just like NCAA football, you have plenty of local colleges and universities to bet at FOX Bet mobile sportsbook. The 10 schools we talked about above all have men’s basketball squads you can bet on, and there are two others, the Belmont Bruins and Lipscomb Bisons, that have basketball programs but not football ones. Just like with college football, there might be some games that FOX Bet doesn’t have lines for, but most of the time you should be able to wager on the local teams using the FOX Bet app.
We mentioned it before, but it bears repeating, Tennessee sports betting law does not allow for live betting props on college teams or athletes, or for individual college athlete props of any sort.
FOX Bet futures betting
We have gone over the Tennessee teams you can bet on at FOX Bet Sportsbook, but now we wanted to look at the futures markets that you will find for the local pro and college teams.
- Titans and NFL futures: FOX Bet has a wonderful selection of futures bets for the Titans and the entire NFL. It goes without saying that you can bet on the winner of the next Super Bowl, but there also are markets for conference and division winners. It’s on the player side of things where FOX Bet Sportsbook really shines, though. The sportsbook has odds for the regular season MVP, defensive and offensive player of the year and Associated Press Comeback Player of the Year. There also are futures available for the regular season leader in passing yards, receiving yards and rushing yards. Not surprisingly, at the time we looked, Titans running back Derrick Henry was the runaway (pun intended) favorite to win the rushing title.
- Predators and NHL futures: The futures market for the Predators and NHL is a lot smaller than it is for football, but that’s very typical for all sportsbooks due to the NFL being the most popular sport to bet on. At FOX Bet you can place wagers on the team you think will win the Stanley Cup, or simply which team will come out of the Western or Eastern Conference. We hope FOX Bet will add markets for player awards.
- Grizzlies and NBA futures: The futures markets at FOX Bet for the NBA and Grizzlies are almost exactly the same as you’ll see with the NHL. At the time sportsbooks began launching in Tennessee in early November 2020, FOX Bet only had odds for the next season’s champion, but we have little doubt it will add odds on which teams will win their respective conferences, as well. It also would be surprising if they didn’t have futures available for NBA regular season awards, especially considering how many they have for the NFL.
- Nashville SC and MLS futures: FOX Bet does not have futures markets for Nashville SC or MLS. This has been the same at every sportsbook we have seen to date. If you’d like to make soccer futures bets, you can wager on international leagues like the English Premier League, German Bundesliga or the UEFA Champions League on the FOX Bet Sportsbook app.
- College football futures: There are basically two NCAA football futures markets available at FOX Bet. You can bet on the national championship winner or the winner of any of the Power Five conferences. Those conferences are the Atlantic Coast (ACC), Big 12, Big Ten, Pac-12 and Southeastern (SEC). The only Tennessee schools in any of those conferences are Tennessee and Vanderbilt, both in the SEC.
- College basketball futures: The NCAA men’s basketball futures at FOX Bet are limited to betting on the eventual national champion at the end of March Madness. FOX Bet does however have 100 teams with odds listed, including Tennessee, Memphis and Belmont from the Volunteer State.
Sports betting options at FOX Bet
Players on FOXbet.com in Tennessee bet on roughly 30 sports, offering the following types of betting options:
FOX Bet offers single-bet and parlay wagers in pregame markets. The most popular types of singular bets on US sports are moneyline, point spread, and totals bets. Moneyline wagers are win or lose bets. Point spreads offer an advantage to the underdog. In totals bets, or over/under bets, you will bet on the total number of points in the game or the points scored by one team. Then there are parlays and teasers. There are two legs or more in a parlay, and all selections must win for a successful bet, and FOX Bet multiplies the odds. FOXbet.com also offers TN players a custom bet in which you create a multiple bet. FOX Bet then offers you odds that you can accept and bet on or reject.
FOX Bet allows you to place prop bets across all betting sports. These bets are not made on the result of a game, point spread, or point totals. Rather, they are proposition bets on a player or team to achieve a particular outcome during a professional sports game. The biggest prop betting event is the Super Bowl. Examples of these types of bets include betting on a player or team to score first, betting on the number of points scored by an individual, or betting on the number of assists by a player. The event generally does not affect the game outcome, and in some cases, you can bet on an event happening or not happening.
Place in-play bets at the TN FOX Bet site across the most popular betting sports. The operator offers live betting for football, baseball, basketball, hockey, soccer, and tennis. The only caveat is that there is no in-game betting on college sports in Tennessee. At this time, there is no livestreaming available, but FOX Bet may introduce this service in the future.
During in-play betting, the bookmaker suspends in-play betting after a key event affects the odds. You can choose to cash out active bets to guarantee the existing payout or limit the loss. FOX Bet offers you a value based on the stake and odds of the original bet and the betting market at the time of your cash-out request.
The name futures bets derives from bets placed on a future outright winner of a league or cup. FOX Bet provides futures betting on football, baseball, basketball, hockey, and other global sports such as soccer, tennis, and golf. You can place futures bets on winners of a league or conference and championship winners. For futures betting, the bookmaker first publishes the odds before the regular season starts and makes bets available up until the championship series. foxbet.com updates the odds after each game day.
How to place a bet with FOX Bet
To locate a specific market on foxbet.com, navigate the A to Z list of sports or use the search box. When you select a line, the bet slip appears. As you add more selections, you choose from more types of bets. You select the bet type and enter the stake units. Once you place your bet, and the bet is accepted, FOX Bet updates your player account balance to reflect the bet.
FOX Bet deposit and withdrawal options
If you have a PokerStars balance, use it to fund your FOX Bet sports betting account. If not, use your debit card to fund your bankroll. Credit cards are not accepted for deposits. Other deposit methods include electronic checks, e-wallets, online banking and transfers at certain retail outlets and resorts. Deposits are instant and free of charge. As a TN customer with FOX Bet, you can withdraw funds using similar methods. FOX Bet aims to process payments within 24 hours, and some providers impose a fee for carrying out the transaction.
Customer service at FOX Bet Tennessee
As a TN registered customer with FOX Bet, you can contact the customer service department 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The available contact methods are phone and email. The site also features a comprehensive FAQ section that covers all the main account and betting services. Currently, FOX Bet does not offer a live chat help feature, but it may introduce this contact method in the future. The operator promotes responsible gambling with account restriction measures and links to support opportunities if needed.
Is FOX Bet the best sportsbook in Tennessee?
Right now we don’t consider FOX Bet to be the best sportsbook in Tennessee.
While the sportsbook obviously has a major advertising partner with FOX Sports, the sportsbook itself still is very much in its infancy. For that reason alone we have a difficult time considering it the best sportsbook in the state.
While sports betting is new to Tennessee other sportsbooks such as Caesars Sportsbook, DraftKings and FanDuel have more of a history that we can look at and trust more at this moment.
There is no reason why FOX Bet Sportsbook can’t be in the conversation and even claim the top spot sometime down the road if it is able to deliver a great sportsbook app that puts customers first.
Who owns FOX Bet
FOX Bet is a partnership between FOX and The Stars Group. FOX paid $236 million for a 4.99% stake in The Stars Group, but this investment could increase to 50% over 10 years. The initial deal could last up to 25 years, making it an even more significant development for both parties.
FOX Bet’s position in the industry and successes of its parent companies indicate it has the resources and brand power to deal with the challenges of launching in a new market. Its impressive new deposit bonus promotion aligns FOX Bet with the competition in the TN sports betting market.
The service has no major flaws, and players generally find very few complaints with the brand’s products. FOX Bet bettors in Tennessee can expect to enjoy an overall quality betting experience.