TVG Horse Racing Tennessee Review
Please note: TVG Horse Racing no longer operates in Tennessee.
TVG, aka the Television Games Network, is one of the most notable names in racing.
Beyond television, TGV offers the best in horse race betting via its website. In fact, TVG offers a wide range of betting opportunities at more than 150 tracks via live streaming. Needles to say, this betting site is ideal for those who enjoy the thrill of watching horse racing action.
The network has a 100% focus on horse racing, which ensures its finger is on the pulse at every track. You’ll find a range of high-quality services to go alongside the racing bets, too.
As well as being a gambling site, you can subscribe to Watch TVG, where you’ll find two channels offering the best in international and domestic horse racing.
In this review, you’ll find information on everything you need in order to bet at TVG Horse Racing in Tennessee.
- First up, we detail bonuses and promotions alongside the loyalty scheme.
- Next, everything you must know about placing a wager and TVG’s betting options.
- Finally, we end with useful info about TVG’s customer service, and its deposit and withdrawal options.
TVG Horse Racing Tennessee welcome bonus
When you join TVG in Tennessee, you’ll find a generous welcome bonus.
New players receive a huge $200 risk free bet on the Breeders’ Cup using the TVG promo code RISKFREE. Wager up to $200 on a single bet and if you lose, TVG will refund your money.
One of the best aspects of these starting bonuses is that there is no playthrough requirement attached. The only stipulation is that you must wager the bonus cash.
The bonuses are limited to one per household. Players in Tennessee must be 18 years or older, although, in some other states, you have to be at least 21 years or older to bet.
TVG PROMO CODE 2022
|Online Horse Betting||TVG Horse Racing Tennessee|
|Risk Free Bet||Up to $200|
|Last Updated||April 22, 2021|
TVG Racing promotions and offers
When you click the “Promotions” tab, you’ll see three options.
One of the options points you towards the Wager Rewards program.
Another option details TVG’s refer-a-friend scheme. If you invite one of your friends to join the site, you’ll receive $25 after they make their first deposit. Your friend will benefit, too.
The third choice takes you to live promotions.
While some other gambling sites have catch-all promotions that are available all year round, TVG features a “live” approach based on current events. TVG continuously updates these promos to ensure there’s something for everyone on the upcoming events.
For example, you might find cash-back bonuses for picking three out of four winners at an upcoming meeting. Or there may be a money-back deal if your selection finishes second or third in a given showcase race.
You’ll find a strong focus on the biggest upcoming races or meetings.
For example, in the lead up to the Kentucky Derby, you’ll find a complete range of offers and bonuses on the prep races, as well as a variety of promotions featuring the main race itself.
If you’re feeling confident, you can enter the TVG’s Super 8 contests, where a massive prize pool awaits if you pick all eight winners.
As part of the promotions, should you pick five or more winners, you’ll pick up prize money in the consolation pools.
As a member of TVG, you can also enjoy free past performance data to give you the best chance over the competition. You’ll need to purchase the past performances data first; however, having placed a wager at the appropriate meeting, you’ll receive a reimbursement for the cost the following day.
TVG Wager Rewards program
TVG will award loyalty points any time you place a bet on its site. To join, you can click on the enroll button on the rewards’ opt-in page or you can call 1-888-PLAY-TVG (888-752-984).
You’ll earn one point for every dollar you bet for whichever type of bet you place; be it win, place, show, exacta or other exotic bets. Each time you accrue 2,500 points, you’ll receive $5 in bonus cash.
TVG horse racing app
Once entering TVG, you’ll see the homepage features all of the key information about the day’s racing.
The main section offers direct links to “Top Races,” “Top Tracks,” “Top Pools” and a promotions calendar, too.
You can head straight to any of these links or use the menu bar in the left-hand column to pick out any race meeting that’s taking place on the day. This navigation will bring up the next upcoming race from that meeting. Square buttons at the top of the screen will help you navigate from race to race within that meeting.
The main betting page shows details such as the colors, jockey, trainer, weight and odds. On the right-hand side, you’ll find the latest betting pools and how much has been wagered on each selection.
It’s in the right-hand column that the bet slip appears (this will autofill when you click on one of the selections). You can also watch a live stream of the race in the window at the top right-hand corner of the page; this video will pop out if you want to see it in full screen.
Navigating TVG.com site
You can navigate to other parts of the site by using the menu bar at the top of the screen with the following links:
- Horse Racing: Here, you can look at the day’s full racing schedule, the results and a track information list. The track list details racing dates, history of the track, the dimensions of the track and more.
- Handicapping: This is where you’ll find all of the information to give you that betting edge. In the “Handicapping Store,” you’ll find the purchasable past performances (remember, you’ll get your money back if you place a bet on the meeting). Race replays are also found here, while you’ll also be able to see picks from some of the most talented racing brains in the industry. The final link takes you to the informative TVG blog.
- Promotions: This link will take you to all of the promotions listed above. This is a link you should be hitting up daily to take full advantage of what TVG has to offer.
- Support Center: Clicking on this link will take you to the main support page of the site, detailing all of the FAQs you’ll want to ask.
Horse betting types at TVG Tennessee
Whenever you place a bet at TVG, it will be entered into the pari-mutuel pool at the racetrack. The total prize pool will then be divided between all the winners in each of the markets.
Here are all of the bet types you’ll be able to place on every race or meeting:
- Win, place and show: A win bet requires your selection to win the race. While place and show wagers require your selection to finish in the first two or three, respectively.
- Exacta: Pick two selections in order, and they’ll have to finish first and second to win your bet.
- Trifecta: Pick three selections in order, and they’ll have to finish first, second and third.
- Superfecta: The toughest single-race bet of all, where you’ll have to correctly predict the first, second, third and fourth in the correct order.
When placing exacta, trifecta or superfecta wagers, you can also “box” the bets. So, this means the selections can finish in any order (this will come at the cost of extra bets, the numbers rising as you move through the exacta, the trifecta and the superfecta).
- Daily double: Pick the winners of two named races on a given day.
- Pick 3/6/8: Aim to predict the winners of a series of races throughout a day. Expect big prizes when you win a pick-six or a pick-eight prize pool. If these prizes aren’t won, they will roll over to the subsequent day and offer even larger winning opportunities.
Gaining a betting edge at TVG: Past performances
At TVG, the availability of free past performances (PPs) ensure that you have the best information at your fingertips. You can purchase the following range of past performances:
- TVG Full PPs
- TVG Basic PPs
- Stats Race Lens Day Pass
- TVG Watch and Wager PPs
- TVG Super 8 PPs
Having purchased the above, you’ll receive a refund in full if you wager $10 on the appropriate meeting ($25 if you’ve purchased the State Lens Day Pass). The refund will take place at 7 a.m. PST the next day.
In addition to the past performances, you can take advantage of the “Picks” page. Here, experts give their insight on the races of the day. You can filter these picks by tracks or your favorite expert.
Banking options at TVG online horse betting
TVG is a fully regulated and legal betting site in Tennessee, meaning you’ll find a range of banking options available to you.
Many of the options you’ll be familiar with already. It can be useful to separate your banking and gambling funds by using a third-party company, which can come at a small fee but brings greater peace of mind.
- Visa or Mastercard credit or debit cards: This is the most straightforward deposit option of all. Simply fill in your card details online and make an instant deposit.
- Neteller: A third-party company which work in a similar way to PayPal. Deposit your funds into Neteller and then transfer into TVG.
- Prepaid cards: You’ll find prepaid cards at a range of convenience stores, which you can use to deposit funds of up to $500 on TVG.
- Check or wire: This more traditional method of making a deposit can take a little longer than others; however, it still offers one of the most secure methods of funding your account.
- Telecheck: Also known as e-cash, you’ll be able to make an immediate deposit to your bank account.
- PayNearMe: Head to your nearest 7-Eleven store and make an instant cash deposit into your TVG account.
- MoneyPak: Make an instant cash deposit from convenience stores such as Walgreen and Safeway. Green Dot operates this service.
Customer service options at TVG
On clicking the “Support” option, you’ll find a whole host of boxes to keep you informed with everything you need to know about using the site.
This page is effectively a FAQ resource, set up to answer questions you may need answering immediately. Promoted articles and the most recent updates to this page are highlighted, too.
To connect with a customer service individual directly, you have two options:
- The first is to click on the “message” link, which will bring up a chat window. A member of the customer services team will be on hand to help you out immediately.
- The second option is to submit an email. Instead of heading away from the site, you’ll simply fill in a form on TVG, which the TVG team will answer promptly.
Responsible Wagering Program
AWARE (Always WAger REsponsibly) is TVG’s responsible wagering program, which was among the first to promote responsible wagering on horse racing.
To start, a minimum age requirement is in place that includes a comprehensive identity and age-verification system. Members of the site also have the opportunity to set daily or monthly deposit limits, while complete self-exclusion from the site is also an option.
The site also lists behavioral indicators of problem gambling, as well as links to the National Problem Gambling hotline and website.
Wrapping up: How does TVG horse betting compare?
TVG has been one of the leading racebooks in the industry for many years. TVG has always done a great job of evolving with the times. If you check out its live streaming options, you can see that it continues to be one step ahead of the game.
As well as its standout streaming options, the site ensures that customers receive the very best information at hand. With five past performance offerings, customers will always be catered to and, as long as you place a bet, this data will also be available for free.
As a legal and highly regulated site, you’ll never have any concerns about banking or cybersecurity. In addition, the customer service team has built a solid reputation looking after new and old customers, whether through the initial risk-free bet, Wager Rewards program or live promotions.
Being dedicated 100% to horse racing, this is a site for all fans of the sport.