Bet on Monday Night Football in Tennessee
Few sports own a day of the week quite like the NFL does on Sundays. But while the league’s Sunday slate ensures football takes up a lot of our attention that day, perhaps no single game sees more betting action than the one held a day later on Monday Night Football.
Each week the NFL tries to schedule one of its most intriguing match-ups for the prime time Monday night broadcast. Combine this with the fact there’s normally only one game on Monday, and it’s easy to see why betting on Monday Night Football is such a big deal week in and week out.
Now that Tennessee has launched legal online sports betting, Monday Night Football betting is poised to be a big thing here in the Volunteer State as well. Scroll down to see real-time odds on this week’s Monday Night Football game at TN online sportsbooks and learn more about how you can take advantage of them.
This week’s Monday Night Football odds: Spread, Moneyline, Totals
Here’s a look at the current odds for this week’s full NFL slate at the top TN sportsbooks, including for the next edition of Monday Night Football. Use the drop-down menu to flip between the spread, moneyline and totals odds. Click on any odds to claim your bonus and start getting your MNF bets in.
Do the Titans play on Monday Night Football?
The Titans are an early entrant in the Monday Night Football schedule, as they make a Week 2 appearance in the first of two MNF games of the night.
Tennessee will clash with the Bills in Buffalo at 7:15 p.m. ET. The game will be showed on ESPN. Barring any unexpected changes to the schedule, this will be the Titans only appearance on MNF this season.
Which NFL teams are playing on Monday night?
The NFL uses a scheduling algorithm to determine which teams play each other based on division alignments and last year’s standings. Once the schedule is set, the league tries to pick a marquee matchup for the Monday Night game.
The Monday Night Football schedule is not flexible. While the league can flex late-season games with playoff implications into the prime time slot on Sundays, it does not do the same on Monday night, where the original schedule is set in stone. The Thursday Night Football schedule is also fixed in advance of the season.
Here’s a look at the 2023 Monday Night Football schedule:
|Sep. 12||Denver Broncos vs. Seattle Seahawks||8:15 p.m. EST||on ESPN|
|Sep. 19||Tennessee Titans vs. Buffalo Bills||7:15 p.m. EST||on ESPN|
|Sep. 19||Minnesota Vikings vs. Philadelphia Eagles||8:30 p.m. EST||on ABC|
|Sep. 26||Dallas Cowboys vs. New York Giants||8:15 p.m. EST||on ESPN & ABC|
|Oct. 3||Los Angeles Chargers vs. San Francisco 49ers||8:15 p.m. EST||on ESPN|
|Oct. 10||Las Vegas Raiders vs. Kansas City Chiefs||8:15 p.m. EST||on ESPN|
|Oct. 17||Denver Broncos vs. Los Angeles Chargers||8:15 p.m. EST||on ESPN|
|Oct. 24||Chicago Bears vs. New England Patriots||8:15 p.m. EST||on ESPN|
|Oct. 31||Cincinnati Bengals vs. Cleveland Browns||8:15 p.m. EST||on ESPN|
|Nov. 7||Baltimore Ravens vs. New Orleans Saints||8:15 p.m. EST||on ESPN|
|Nov. 14||Washington Commanders vs. Philadelphia Eagles||8:15 p.m. EST||on ESPN|
|Nov. 21||San Francisco 49ers vs. Arizona Cardinals||8:15 p.m. EST||on ESPN|
|Nov. 28||Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Indianapolis Colts||8:15 p.m. EST||on ESPN|
|Dec. 5||New Orleans Saints vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers||8:15 p.m. EST||on ESPN|
|Dec. 12||New England Patriots vs. Arizona Cardinals||8:15 p.m. EST||on ESPN & ABC|
|Dec. 19||Los Angeles Rams vs. Green Bay Packers||8:15 p.m. EST||on ESPN|
|Dec. 26||Los Angeles Chargers vs. Indianapolis Colts||8:15 p.m. EST||on ESPN|
|Jan. 2||Buffalo Bills vs. Cincinnati Bengals||8:15 p.m. EST||on ESPN & ABC|
Monday Night Football bets
You can bet on Monday Night Football games the same way you bet on any NFL game. That said, the intense scrutiny of playing the day’s only game in prime time affects some players, making the Monday Night Football prop betting market quite interesting.
Here’s a list of the basic bets available for Monday Night Football games at TN sportsbooks:
- Moneyline: Pick the straight winner of MNF. Lock in the bet at the currently posted moneyline odds.
- Point spread: Pick the winner of the Monday Night Football game with a point spread factored into the final score.
- Over/Under: Choose whether the total points scored by both teams in the Monday Night Football game will be over or under a line set by TN sportsbooks.
- Prop bets: Bet on teams and players in the Monday Night Football game to achieve certain statistical milestones.
Live betting on Monday Night Football
Tennessee sportsbooks offer live Monday Night Football betting as well. That means you can bet on various lines during the Monday Night Football game at odds that are adjusted throughout.
These are mostly the same markets you bet on pregame, but with odds that are adjusted according to how the game is playing out. There are additional second-half and prop markets available as well.
Live sports betting odds can change as fast as the action does, which is why live Monday Night Football betting works best with an online sportsbook app. Betting live on MNF can enhance your game-watching experience and turn a mundane late-season Monday night matchup with no playoff implications into something way more intense.
Monday Night Football betting tips
Both players and teams as a whole are undoubtedly affected by the circumstances surrounding Monday Night Football. After all, playing in prime time is different than playing in the afternoon. Plus, playing in the day’s only game is a lot different than playing on a day full of other games.
The entire football world is watching on Monday Night and some players perform better than others under this intense scrutiny. We know most teams as a whole tend to play better at night.
A 2018 study showed players are less likely to get injured, turn over the ball, and make other mental errors in night games compared to afternoon games. That’s because, as the American Academy of Sleep Medicine claims, most people are more alert at night. They call it higher body clock or circadian-regulated alertness.
You’ll also find some teams have proven to be better in night games. The Seattle Seahawks and Pittsburgh Steelers, for instance, have enjoyed an NFL best 10-2 record and .833 winning percentage on Monday Night Football since 2010.
Keep that stat and the following basic tips in mind anytime you’re looking to bet the Monday Night Football game.
- Primetime players: Pay attention to teams’ and players’ historical performance stats under the lights. Start with reading injury reports to see who is playing and who isn’t. Then, drill down to see which players and teams have a history of playing better on Monday Night Football and bet on them.
- The last leg: Look to use the Monday Night game as the last leg in parlays. That way you can lock in a win betting against yourself on parlays that are winning with just the Monday night game to come. This is called hedging, and doing it will guarantee you don’t leave the Monday Night game empty-handed.
- Look ahead: Find out what’s next for the two teams playing on Monday Night Football. Do they have a short week of practice and still have to travel? Finding out how playing on Monday Night will affect a team can be key in betting next week’s games.
How to watch Monday Night Football in Tennessee
Most of the Western half of Tennessee, including Nashville, is on Central Time. That’s an hour behind most of the eastern half of the state, including Chattanooga, which operates on Eastern Time.
Most Monday Night Football games will air in Tennessee at either 8:15 p.m. EST or 7:15 p.m. CST, depending on where you live. All of the games air on ESPN.
How to stream MNF Football live
ESPN subscribers can stream Monday Night Football on the internet via the ESPN app, ESPN.com, and the ESPN apps on the following:
- Apple TV
- Google Chromecast
- Amazon Fire TV
- Xbox One
- iPads and Android tablets
Three best Tennessee Titans MNF moments
Here’s a look at the Titans’ three most memorable Monday Night Football games:
- Oct. 16, 2000: The Titans made it to the Super Bowl in the 1999-2000 season. Then, on Oct. 16, 2000, the team made its Monday Night Football debut in Nashville. It was all Titans fans could have hoped for with a 27-13 win over the Jacksonville Jaguars that included two Steve McNair touchdown passes to Frank Wycheck and Derrick Mason, and Eddie George running one in.
- Nov. 23, 2009: This one will be remembered as the Titans fourth straight win after the team started the season 0-6. Plus, Titans kicker Rob Bironas made a game-winning 53-yard field goal with under a minute to play to make the final 20-17.
- Oct. 27, 2008: It was tied in the fourth quarter when the Titans scored 17 unanswered points. A late comeback attempt by Colts quarterback Peyton Manning fell short and the Titans won 31-21 to move to 7-0. The Colts have pretty much dominated the Titans since, but not on this Monday night.
What are Monday Night Football Vegas odds?
Vegas odds are the odds available at Las Vegas sportsbooks for Monday Night Football games. For the most part, TN online sportsbooks will open with the same Monday Night Football betting lines you’ll find at Las Vegas sportsbooks.
Of course, these lines are subject to change and they will change differently at different sportsbooks based on betting patterns. Sportsbooks move lines to get an equal amount bet on both sides and realize the vig. Since more money is likely to be bet on the Tennessee Titans at local sportsbooks than in Las Vegas, the local lines on Tennessee Titans games are likely to move more.
In other words, while they may open the same, the Monday Night Football lines at Las Vegas sportsbooks and TN online sportsbooks will move differently based on local betting and who is playing.