Memphis Tigers Basketball Odds
Did you know you can bet on the Memphis Tigers year-round at legal Tennessee sportsbooks? Visit a sports betting app before NCAA basketball season to find futures odds on the upcoming season, or check back during the season for all the current game lines and odds.
Live Memphis Tigers Odds
Here’s everything you need to know to gear up for betting on the Tigers each time they hit the court in 2022. Browse through the feed below to find the latest Tigers basketball odds at mobile TN sportsbooks.
Today’s Tigers Odds
Tigers National Championship, SEC Odds
Best Memphis Tigers Basketball Betting Apps
Top Tigers Basketball Betting Apps
While some states may offer in-person betting and mobile wagering; however, Tennessee sports betting operates entirely online. Since no casinos or retail sportsbooks exist in Tennessee, you can bet on the Memphis Tigers at any of the nine available Tennessee sports betting apps.
The following sportsbooks are three of Tennessee’s favorite sports betting apps. Simply grab your mobile device, download and register for an app, then get started placing your college basketball bets. Keep in mind both in-game prop betting and pre-game player prop betting are prohibited in Tennessee. So lock in your bets before tip-off, then sit back and enjoy some college hoops.
1. DraftKings Sportsbook app
Initially making a name for itself as a daily fantasy sports platform, DraftKings has expanded to launch its sportsbook in several states. The operator has consistently been the state’s third-most populator sports betting app in Tennessee. Not only does DraftKings Tennessee list competitive odds for a range of events, but it also keeps players engaged with no-brainer promotions and free bet offers.
2. FanDuel Sportsbook app
Another brand that got its start as a daily fantasy sports operator, FanDuel is now one of the top sportsbooks in the nation. FanDuel TN offers players a variety of incentives, such as free bets for new users and Multi-Sport Parlay Insurance. The latter allows bettors to create a parlay based on lines from multiple sports. If a user’s wager hits every pick but one, they can receive up to $25 back.
3. BetMGM Sportsbook app
Tennessee’s most popular sportsbook, BetMGM TN, features a carousel of boosts and bonuses for new users. The app also offers a Multi-Sport Parlay Boost, providing current bettors with a 40% profit boost on qualifying parlays.
How to Bet on Memphis Basketball in Tennessee
One exciting way to engage in NCAA hoops is by betting on college basketball. Keep reading for more information on popular NCAA lines on the Tigers.
Permitted Memphis Tigers bets
- Moneyline: Also known as a straight bet, a moneyline wager allows bettors to predict the likelihood of a Memphis win or loss. You’ll find moneyline odds listed as a negative number when a team is favored, and underdogs will have a positive symbol in front of their odds. These odds can also be used to calculate potential profit. For instance, if the Tigers carry -150 odds, you’ll have to wager $150 in order to make $100. If Memphis is an underdog with +150 odds, you can wager $100 to win $150.
- Point Spread: To wager on the number of points a team wins by, take a look at point spread betting. Much like the moneyline, a favored team will sport a negative number, while the underdog will be given a positive number. If the Tigers have a -3.5 point spread, they’ll need to win by more than 3.5 points for you to win the wager. A spread of +3.5 means Memphis would have to lose by less than 3.5 points for your wager to hit.
- Totals: The third type of traditional game wagering available to TN bettors is over/under betting. With this type of betting, sportsbooks set a number, then bettors wager on whether a game’s score will total more or less than this number.
- Futures: Bettors can look to futures betting when making a bet on the outcome of a season. Betting on Memphis Final Four odds or the likelihood of a National Championship title are two examples of this type of wagering.
- Parlays: As one of the most popular current betting options, parlay wagering allows bettors to combine multiple lines together into a single bet. By doing so, players can increase their overall odds and potential payout exponentially. The more legs (lines) incorporated into your parlay, the higher the reward. You’ll have to successfully predict every leg of your parlay in order for it to hit, though.
Prohibited Memphis Tigers bets
In Tennessee, the options for betting on college basketball are practically endless. There are two types of NCAA wagers that are strictly prohibited within the state, though. These are:
- Individual prop betting: Rather than being able to place proposition bets on individual players like the NBA betting permits, Tennessee prohibits prop betting on all college sports. This includes wagers on individual player stats, such as a player’s rebounds or free throw attempts.
- In-game prop wagering: Similarly, placing proposition wagers during a live game is also prohibited. Not only does Tennessee ban such in-game prop wagers for individual players, but it also bans these live bets for the entire team. Unlike NBA betting, you won’t find any lines on the next player to snag a rebound nor on a team’s total rebound count for a game.
Tigers Basketball Betting Tips and Strategy
Betting on college basketball can be a bit trickier than betting on NBA hoops. For one, there are far more college teams involved than in professional basketball.
Additionally, there are more games in a season and more players on a team, meaning a team’s lineup has the potential to change drastically from game to game. A college team may be a major victor one night and suffer a massive loss the next.
Those that take the time to thoroughly study stats, however, can gain a leg up on oddsmakers, who only factor in limited elements to generate odds.
Tigers Basketball Key Info
- Campus: University of Memphis – Memphis
- Stadium: FedExForum Arena, capacity 18,119
- Coach: Penny Hardaway
- Conference: American Athletic Conference (AAC)
- All-time Record: 1,406–820–1 (.632)
- NCAA Tournament Record: 34-26
- National Titles: 0
- Conference Titles: 11
- Rivals: Tulane, Houston, Cincinnati, UCF, East Carolina
How to Watch Tigers Basketball on TV and Online
There are a handful of ways to catch a Memphis Tigers men’s basketball game. For a real taste of Memphis, grab tickets to one of the team’s upcoming home games at FedExForum Arena.
Or watch a game from your couch on ESPN’s range of programs, such as ESPN2 and ESPN+. Those without cable can stream games using Hulu, Sling TV, fuboTV and more depending on the particular game.
Fans can also tune in via online radio broadcast or terrestrial radio broadcast on WKIM-FM 98.9.
Top 5 Memphis Tigers Players of All Time
The Memphis Tigers men’s basketball program has welcomed a number of future NBA stars to its roster in past years. Here are five Tigers alumni that have had successful careers in the NBA:
- Tyreke Evans
- Will Barton
- Derrick Rose
- Penny Hardaway
Memphis Tigers Basketball History
The Memphis Tigers represent the University of Memphis in the NCAA’s American Athletic Conference. The team has welcomed a storied history since its inception, though their success has not come without its upsets. The Tigers boast 26 total NCAA Tournament appearances, giving them a 34-26 overall record. Unfortunately, the NCAA vacated their wins from 1982-1986 and in 2008 due to various infraction issues.
Their best year came in 2008 when Memphis claimed the No. 1 seed and advanced to the NCAA National Championship, only to lose to Kansas in overtime. Another No. 1 seed year came in 2006, though they lost to UCLA during the Elite Eight.
Memphis Tigers Men's Basketball FAQ
Selected as a sign of solidarity after the Civil War, the University of Memphis chose its school colors of blue and gray in the early 1900s. The school’s student body selected the colors of the North and South as a means of conveying unity within the university.
The Memphis men’s basketball team moved to their current home of FedExForum Arena in 2004. They remain the only NCAA team to share a home court with an NBA team, the Memphis Grizzlies. The Tigers played home games at the Mid-South Coliseum beginning in 1966 before transitioning to The Pyramid in downtown Memphis in 1991.
Often referred to as the greatest basketball player in Memphis Tigers history, NBA All-Star Penny Hardaway played for the Tigers from 1991-93 before beginning his career in the NBA. The Memphis native played for the Orlando Magic, Miami Heat, New York Knicks and Phoenix Suns after being selected third overall in the 1993 NBA Draft. The renowned shooting guard returned to Tennessee in 2018, becoming one of the most celebrated head coaches in Memphis basketball history.
The Tigers have had a number of successful seasons on the court — two of which came in 1973 and 2008 when the team finished runner-up in the NCAA Championship. Memphis set a new NCAA record in 2008 with its 38 season wins under head coach John Calipari. Unfortunately, the team was forced to vacate this record and serve probation for three years after NCAA investigations revealed a handful of major infractions including the ineligibility of star player Derrick Rose.
Stay up to date on all the latest men’s basketball news, the team’s roster and upcoming games by visiting the Memphis Tigers Athletics website.