William Hill Sportsbook Tennessee Promo Code and Free Bet
Note: William Hill Sportsbook has rebranded to Caesars Sportsbook and is offering new players up to a $1,100 risk-free bet on their first wager. Use the Caesars promo code LEGALCZR on sign up.
William Hill Sportsbook launched in Tennessee in March 2021 giving Tennesseans the ability to bet with one of the oldest and most respected oddsmakers in the world.
The William Hill Sportsbook app is available for both Android and iOS (iPhones and iPads) and is equally impressive on both types of devices. On top of that, users can manage their accounts and place bets from the William Hill website as well.
This William Hill Tennessee review explains all the steps needed to claim the $1,001 risk-free bet offer, including how to use our William Hill promo code. You also will learn about many of the other William Hill promotions and find out about the accepted bet types and sports that you can bet on at William Hill.
If you’re a new sports bettor, we also detail how to create an account and place bets at William Hill Sportsbook.
William Hill sign up bonus: $1,001 free bet
Note: William Hill Sportsbook has rebranded to Caesars Sportsbook and is offering new players up to a $1,100 risk-free bet on their first wager. Use the Caesars Tennessee promo code LEGALCZR on sign up.
The risk-free bet promotion for new William Hill Sportsbook users in Tennessee is one of the biggest we’ve seen, and all that’s needed to claim it is our exclusive promo code LEGALRF.
Simply enter LEGALRF into the promo code field when creating a new account, then place your first real-money bet. If it loses, you get refunded in the form of a free bet credit amount equal to your bet, up to $1,001.
While the size of the offer is great, what makes this welcome bonus especially awesome is the lack of restrictions involved with it. Basically, all you have to do is make your first bet within seven days of opening your William Hill TN account, and if that bet loses, you get seven days to place your free bet.
The real key is understanding that you do not get your money back, but instead are given a free bet. With the free bet, you only get the potential winnings from the wager, not the money from the free bet credit itself.
Besides those minor restrictions, there are no wagering requirements to be met in order to withdraw money from your account if you so choose. Also, realize, from the user perspective, the goal is not to claim the free bet, your goal should be to win that first bet and play with house money for the foreseeable future.
William Hill Promo Code Tennessee 2022
|Online Sportsbook||William Hill TN Sportsbook|
|Risk Free Bet Offer||Up to $1,001|
|Online Since||March 2021|
|Last Verified||May 2022|
William Hill Sportsbook Tennessee promotions
While some Tennessee sportsbooks have promotions that are running all the time, like parlay insurance offers, William Hill tends to come out with new bonus offers quite often. And that is in addition to the daily odds boosts William Hill has to offer.
These William Hill promos are among our favorites because of their uniqueness and the fact that they can be some of the most profitable as well. Here is a brief overview of the types of promotions William Hill has to offer.
- Win-win promos: Many of the bonuses at William Hill require users to get their initial bet correct, and when they do, they receive an extra reward. Normally with these promos, users must place a pre-game bet of a specific amount on a select game. If that bet wins, the user then gets a bonus which often is tied to the performance of an individual player or the team they bet on.
- Parlay promotions: William Hill also has run parlay specials where bettors received a free bet that was worth 25% of their net losses or winnings from parlay wagers. While the overall bonus might be less for these than the win-win promos discussed above, the positive is that users get a rewards whether their bet wins or loses.
- Daily boosts: As we mentioned, William Hill Sportsbook also has odds boosts, which are updated daily. If you’re not familiar with odds boosts, they are pretty simple: William Hill takes a few select wagers each day and improves the odds on them by a little bit. What this means for bettors is that if you bet on those select wagers, you end up winning more money than you otherwise would have if your bet wins.
Overall, the William Hill promotions are easily some of the best any Tennessee sportsbook has to offer its users. With new promotions being presented all the time, the most important thing is to watch your email and check the William Hill promotions page, daily if possible, so that you don’t miss out on any of the great bonuses.
Is William Hill legal in Tennessee?
Yes, William Hill Sportsbook is legal throughout Tennessee, as are all online sportsbooks that have been approved and granted licenses by the Tennessee Education Lottery Commission.
Sports betting in Tennessee got its start in January 2019 when the Sports Gaming Act was filed. The bill became law in May 2019 when Tennessee Gov. Bill Lee declined to sign it but also did not veto it.
Over the following year, members were appointed to the Sports Betting Advisory Council and licenses were granted to a handful of online sportsbooks. Then, on Nov. 1, 2020, the first sportsbooks in the state opened to the public.
Part of the reason it took so long for everything to get up and running was because Tennessee had very few forms of legal gambling in the state, requiring many aspects to be figured out from scratch.
Lastly, while you are able to bet on colleges and universities that are from Tennessee, the law forbids live prop bets on players or teams during NCAA games and also makes it illegal to place prop bets on individual college players specifically.
Sign up for an account at William Hill Tennessee
Here is a step-by-step guide to registering for a new account at William Hill TN Sportsbook:
- Visit the homepage of the William Hill site and click on “Register.”
- Enter the requested account info and personal information.
- Create a username and password.
- Enter our William Hill promo code LEGALRF.
- Verify the account information.
- Deposit at least $10.
- Claim risk-free bet offer up to $1,001 if needed.
William Hill sports betting app
Sports bettors in Tennessee have access to the William Hill mobile app. The app is compatible with Android and Apple devices.
The download process is quick and simple; just follow the links on the website.
Even though William Hill in Tennessee does not offer any mobile-specific promotions, you can claim the welcome offer and ongoing promotions via your mobile app.
Best features of the William Hill Sportsbook app
If you’re trying to decide which is the right sportsbook for you, one of the biggest factors might be what helps differentiate sportsbooks from one another. With that in mind, we put together a list of the best features that William Hill has to offer. Let’s dive right in.
- Customer service: Ideally, you will never need to use William Hill’s customer support, but if and when you do, we believe it will do a great job helping solve whatever ails you. We were very pleasantly surprised when we received a text message a day after creating our William Hill Sportsbook account asking if we had any questions or if there was anything William Hill’s team could do to help. If you do run into any issues, you can call, text, chat or email William Hill’s support department, which is open seven days a week.
- “More bets” box: It might seem like a small thing, but the fact that the William Hill app displays how many more bets are available on each game is a great feature. At other sportsbooks, you click on various games and sometimes there are a ton of prop bets and alternate lines available, while for others there are hardly any additional bets. For example, some college football games might have three bets available (moneyline, over/under, spread), while an NFL game can have upward of 100 bets to check out. It’s nice to know what each game has to offer without having to click to find out.
- Overall app functionality: A lot of sportsbooks suffer from trying to cram too much info onto the homepage, but William Hill online sportsbook is not one of them. Not only does the main page feel neat and clean, but we really like the ability to click on the arrows next to sports and leagues to either open or collapse them entirely. For example, if you click on football, but you just want to see college football games, you simply click the arrow next to the NFL and all the NFL games are minimized. We also love online sportsbooks that have a search bar, which William Hill does. If you know you want to bet on a specific team or game, it’s so easy to type that team’s name into the search bar instead of having to scroll around for what you want.
How could William Hill Sportsbook improve?
William Hill didn’t become one of the top sportsbooks in the world without doing a lot of things right, but even the best companies have things they can improve on. With that said, here are a few things we would like to see changed at William Hill in Tennessee.
- Add a rewards/loyalty program: William Hill has bonus offers for signing up with the sportsbook in Tennessee, and it has other promos throughout the year, but when it comes to a loyalty or rewards program, there is nothing to speak of. While we believe it is great to offer incentives for joining and depositing money with a sportsbook, we also believe it’s important to reward loyal customers. Thus, it would be awesome if William Hill added a program that rewarded players based on how much and how often they bet.
- More/better bonus offers for smaller bettors: William Hill has its fair share of bonus offers and promos, but so many of them require players to wager at least $50 to $100 in order to qualify. A lot of bettors might not blink an eye at those amounts, but we think there are also a decent number of bettors who aren’t prepared to put that much money down on a single bet. It would be nice for William Hill to offer more promotions with the small-time bettor in mind.
- Allow app to rotate: We’ve said this for other sportsbooks in the state, but we can’t understand sportsbook apps that can only be viewed vertically. We understand that there’s a lot more coding involved than we realize, but it doesn’t change the fact that it can be frustrating when you want/need to hold your Apple or Android device horizontally and the William Hill Sportsbook app remains in the upright position. Hopefully this is another change we’ll see from William Hill in the near future.
William Hill sports betting options
You can bet on more than 30 types of sports at William Hill in TN. The most popular sports categories are the four major US leagues: NFL, MLB, NHL, and NBA. Global sports like soccer, tennis, and golf also attract a great deal of betting interest. In addition to the regular sports, William Hill offers markets for esports. If you can’t find the sport you want to bet on, you can utilize the search option that allows you to locate a league, game, or market.
Tennessee sports teams you can bet on
Not too long ago, the state of Tennessee wasn’t home to any teams in the major US sports leagues. Now, as of 2021, the state is the home of an NBA, NHL, NFL and MLS franchise. Add to that the city of Nashville hosting the 2019 NFL draft in addition to the many great college teams in the state, and Tennessee has become a sports hotbed. With that in mind, we’ve compiled a rundown of all the teams from the Volunteer State that you can bet on using the William Hill Sportsbook app.
- Memphis Grizzlies of the NBA: While the Grizzlies have not enjoyed a ton of success on the court since moving from Vancouver to Memphis in 2001, they could be a team on the rise in the NBA. Ja Morant was named the NBA’s Rookie of the Year for his play during the 2019-20 season. Memphis has won four playoff series in its history, including reaching the Western Conference Finals in 2013. At the William Hill online sportsbook, you can wager on Grizzlies games and all other NBA games as well, with both pregame and in-game betting.
- Nashville Predators of the NHL: The Predators began play in 1998 as an expansion team in the NHL. The Preds went on a magical postseason run in 2017 when they made the playoffs as the eighth and final seed in the Western Conference. They upset the Chicago Blackhawks, St. Louis Blues and Anaheim Ducks before falling to the Pittsburgh Penguins in the Stanley Cup Final. Using the William Hill Sportsbook app, you can bet on each Nashville game, along with other NHL games.
- Tennessee Titans of the NFL: The Titans have been in Nashville since 1997, when the franchise moved from Houston. During the team’s first two years in Tennessee, it was known as the Tennessee Oilers before a rebrand prior to the 1999 NFL season, which was also the franchise’s best. The Titans went 13-3 during the regular season and then reached the Super Bowl thanks in part to The Music City Miracle in which they beat the Buffalo Bills in a wild card playoff game. Tennessee eventually lost to the St. Louis Rams 23-16 in Super Bowl XXXIV. William Hill has all the Titans and NFL bets you can imagine. It’s not uncommon to see more than 100 bets offered for NFL contests, and once the games kick off, you can engage in live betting, too.
- Nashville SC of MLS: The newest pro team in Nashville began play in February 2020. Due to COVID-19 leading to a stoppage of play that season, Nashville SC didn’t earn its first MLS win until August 2020. Nashville is expected to play its first two seasons at Nissan Stadium, home of the Titans, before moving to a soccer stadium that is being built at The Fairgrounds event complex in Nashville. You can bet on Nashville SC and every other team in the MLS at William Hill.
- College football: Tennessee has 10 Division I college football teams in the state. Four of those teams play in the FBS, and thus all of their games are available to bet on. Those schools are the Tennessee Volunteers, Vanderbilt Commodores, Memphis Tigers and Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders. As for the six schools in the FCS, most of their games should be available to bet on at William Hill, but there could be weeks when odds are not available. Those college football teams are the Chattanooga Mocs, Austin Peay Governors, Tennessee State Tigers, UT Martin Skyhawks, East Tennessee State Buccaneers and Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles.
- College basketball: All the schools listed in the college football section above have men’s basketball teams that you can wager on at William Hill. There also are two more Tennessee universities that have Division I basketball teams: the Lipscomb Bisons and Belmont Bruins. As is the case for NCAA football, there could be some basketball games that William Hill does not have odds on. With so many college football and basketball games, we advise using the search bar on the William Hill app to help find the team you’re looking for, instead of wasting time scrolling endlessly.
William Hill futures betting
All sportsbooks have slightly different futures markets. Some offer more team-specific bets, while others have more player markets available. That is why we put together this list of the futures markets you can expect to see at William Hill, with an emphasis on our local teams.
- Grizzlies and NBA futures markets: William Hill’s futures markets for the NBA is one of the better ones we’ve seen. Shortly after the conclusion of the 2020 NBA season, William Hill had odds for next season’s champion, which is pretty typical of all sportsbooks. But it also had odds for Eastern and Western Conference winners, more than 60 players listed for MVP, and 15 players listed to be the No. 1 overall pick in the NBA draft. As long as William Hill adds futures for team regular season wins, it’ll be about as good as it gets.
- Predators and NHL futures markets: Shortly after the 2020 NHL season ended, the William Hill app had futures available for the next season’s Stanley Cup winner and for the winner of both the Western and Eastern Conference. There will also be odds for individual teams and hopefully player odds for the winner of the Hart Memorial Trophy which is awarded to the regular season MVP, and Conn Smythe Trophy, awarded to the postseason MVP.
- Titans and NFL futures markets: Not surprisingly, William Hill’s NFL futures market is quite extensive. The sportsbook has odds for the Super Bowl winner, conference champs, and division winners. We also like how it’s broken up; you can go team-by-team and make your picks, or go through by futures market. William Hill also has futures available for the regular season MVP award.
- Nashville SC and MLS futures markets: While William Hill has futures markets for a myriad of international soccer leagues, such as the UEFA Champions League and English Premier League, it does not have futures for MLS and thus none for Nashville SC. It’s safe to assume if it does have any going forward, it would only be for the MLS Cup.
- Division I college football futures markets: William Hill’s NCAA football futures markets are impressive, as well. The sportsbook has odds for selecting the winner in all the Power Five Conferences, as well as for the Mountain West and Mid-American Conference. It also listed 78 teams that you can pick to win the NCAA national championship, including Memphis and Tennessee.
- Division I college basketball futures markets: The NCAA basketball futures market at William Hill includes the overall NCAA men’s basketball champion as well as conference champions.
William Hill betting markets
William Hill Sportsbook in Tennessee offers three main types of sports betting:
The most popular leagues for pregame betting are the NFL, MLB, NHL, and NBA. In soccer, the English Premier and Champions League generate most betting interest. Tennis and golf championships are popular for match betting at William Hill. The operator issues the opening odds, which will fluctuate due to injury, team news, and the weight of money.
Soccer and the four major US sports are the most popular for in-play betting with William Hill TN customers. With no live streaming, there is a visual representation of the progress of play and live match data. Cash-out betting allows customers to close an existing bet during a live event. The cash-out value is dependent on the original bet and the current odds when the option is selected. Betting is suspended after a key event that has a material impact on the market.
You can bet on the outright winner of leagues, conferences and championships at William Hill. The most bet on futures markets is the winner of the Super Bowl, Stanley Cup, World Series, and NBA Playoffs. William Hill updates the betting after each game day. You can bet on futures for these sports and events from the preseason to the finals. Futures betting is also popular for the major events and leagues in soccer, tennis, and golf.
How to place a bet at William Hill Sportsbook
You can locate a betting market using a search box, select from a list of popular events, or navigate a complete A-Z list of sports.
Once you reach the market you like, you must click on the line to display the bet slip. As more selections are added, the range of bets is displayed. Then you select the bet and stake and confirm the wager.
William Hill accepts most bets immediately, but a small number are subject to trading decisions. The operator updates the account balance instantly to reflect the total stake.
William Hill banking options
William Hill sports betting customers in Tennessee can deposit using:
- Debit cards
- Online bank transfers
Deposits are instant and free of charge.
Withdrawals are possible using the same banking methods. Withdrawal requests are subject to delays depending on the method, and there aren’t usually any associated fees. However, some providers may impose a charge for carrying out transactions.
The minimum deposit and withdrawal amount is $10 and the upper limits vary.
Customer service at William Hill
You can contact William Hill customer support by live chat, text, telephone or email. The customer service department is open from 8 a.m. to 1 a.m., seven days a week.
There is no anecdotal evidence of low response times, so we can assume it deals with issues within an acceptable timeframe.
The company promotes responsible gambling by offering control measures and links to support bodies. The state of Tennessee applies regulations and William Hill is fully compliant with the license conditions. The operator also complies with federal prohibitions and restrictions concerning internet gaming and sports betting.
Is William Hill the best sportsbook in Tennessee?
William Hill is one of the top sports betting companies in Europe, and according to its website, it takes one in every four sports bets placed in the US. Despite that, we do not consider it the best sportsbook in Tennessee at this time.
It still is the very early going of sports betting in Tennessee, though, and it would only take a few tweaks in order for William Hill to ascend to the top of the sportsbook landscape.
William Hill Tennessee history
William Hill operates in Tennessee after the state passed laws for legal online and mobile sports betting in April 2019. However, the entry conditions to the market and the mandatory hold make sports betting difficult for some operators looking to launch in the state. Regulators issue gaming licenses and set and monitor compliance. William Hill is meeting those standards, and was able to launch on March 11, 2021.